Hikaru ga Shinda Natsu - Vol. 6 Ch. 27

Contributor
Why should these boys trust you, Sunglasses? Like WE know that this could be closer to what could actually be the truth because we've read enough manga to suspect so. But he sure hasn't done anything in front of these guys that would lend towards his trustworthiness

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the chapter, the TS around pg 30 must have taken quite a bit of time to get right.
Also I always come back to enjoy how the script conveys Yoshiki's accent in it's backwoods mountain village charm.

The anamolies in the sky at then end may be other "holes" opening up possibly coming from the various "body parts" of the region that was previously split. I still say that the simplest solution originally was for Yoshiki to go live on the Mountain with 'Hikaru' as "roommates". Sunglasses thinks 'Hikaru' was too weak now to deal with all the impurities, but he doesn't know that 'Hikaru' nerfed half his power when he gave part of himself to Yoshiki awhile ago which can be returned back.

I hope we get more info on this company that Sunglasses works for so it doesn't stay a deus ex plot mechanism.

Last edited:
When I read this in JP this was the point I pretty much gave up on the story. It felt like a lot of the revelations make a lot of the lore useless and whatnot. Like it doesn't feel like the plot points come together naturally and it's more like "yeah that shit didn't matter!"

But honestly once the story moved the more intimate vibes of the first two volumes it kinda start to fall apart for me, half of the second half feel clumsy expositions. Like the author failed to set up the lore properly and now she's using the second half to patch it up... and now it's a story about closing some big holes. The horror vibes are also pretty much gone, as well much of the tension.

Dex-chan lover
This manga any good? Like a horror parasyte? Bookmarked it months ago but haven't gotten around reading it

Group Leader
thanks so much for the chapter! loved this one, seems like there were some parts where typesetting wouldve been difficult but you guys pulled it off really well!! looking forward to the next one, this one was really exciting : )

Aggregator gang
I can imagine this making for a really good anime. If so it might be the first queer horror manga I've seen to get one, because I've seen multiple GL get terrible anime like Mieruko-chan and Otherside Picnic lol.

When I read this in JP this was the point I pretty much gave up on the story. It felt like a lot of the revelations make a lot of the lore useless and whatnot. Like it doesn't feel like the plot points come together naturally and it's more like "yeah that shit didn't matter!"

But honestly once the story moved the more intimate vibes of the first two volumes it kinda start to fall apart for me, half of the second half feel clumsy expositions. Like the author failed to set up the lore properly and now she's using the second half to patch it up... and now it's a story about closing some big holes. The horror vibes are also pretty much gone, as well much of the tension.
i think it works thematically - "hikaru" always worked as a reflection of yoshiki's feelings of otherness and desire and this is just making it literal + the solution to it all being just self-destruction would be kind of depressing. but i do agree that it is a huge deflation of the story up til this point lol. it feels like poor planning on the author's part.

Fed-Kun's army
I really like where the story is going, and I hope it can stick the landing.

Thank you very much for the translations

Users who are viewing this thread