Hikikomori Reijou wa Hanashi no Wakaru Seijuuban - Vol. 2 Ch. 10

Dex-chan lover
FYI, wild strawberries are more bland or sour.

The strawberries you buy at the store are sweet because of genetic engineering.

So what Atra's really saying is "i feel nothing. You need to go lewder"
I live in Oregon and our wild strawberries are delicious and sweet. They are small though. I thought it was that the reason strawberries in the store are bland and not very sweet was because they took strawberries like those here and selectively breed them to be larger and more juicy, in doing so they lost some of their flavor, since flavor is much harder to breed for as a subjective measurement.

Dex-chan lover
I live in Oregon and our wild strawberries are delicious and sweet. They are small though. I thought it was that the reason strawberries in the store are bland and not very sweet was because they took strawberries like those here and selectively breed them to be larger and more juicy, in doing so they lost some of their flavor, since flavor is much harder to breed for as a subjective measurement.
Good for oregon. But realistically speaking, those wild strawberries probably grew from a cultivated strawberries's seed. Dunno how though. Maybe someone went camping and it grew and expanded from there?

Dex-chan lover
That actually requires a significant amount of strength and willpower. She was completely melting in embarrassment, but still kept talking.

So much flirting...

FYI, wild strawberries are more bland or sour.
I live in Oregon and our wild strawberries are delicious and sweet. They are small though.
The ones we have here in Sweden have that sweet and sour taste a lot of berries have. They're most definitely not bland, and absolutely delicious. The exact taste depends on how mature they are. And about as small as the tip of a pinky finger.

The strawberries you buy at the store are sweet because of genetic engineering.
I thought it was that the reason strawberries in the store are bland and not very sweet was because they took strawberries like those here and selectively breed them to be larger and more juicy, in doing so they lost some of their flavor, since flavor is much harder to breed for as a subjective measurement.
It strongly depends on where in the world you get them. As far as I know, American strawberries are huge, but relatively watery. The ones here are smaller but have a much stronger taste.

That also goes for just about anything people eat that's grown. Less significant with meat, but that's still not exactly what it was before humans.

But realistically speaking, those wild strawberries probably grew from a cultivated strawberries's seed. Dunno how though. Maybe someone went camping and it grew and expanded from there?
If they are like ours, they're what we cultivated strawberries from, so they are more or less what they were originally.

Users who are viewing this thread