Hikizan Tautology - Ch. 55 - Drip, Fall, Pour

Dex-chan lover
you know no matter how much the author wants to make himawari into some tragic character who you should feel bad for i still don't like here and don't care about her, i hope this stupid arc can end soon

Oh what i didn’t read the translator note, that’s horrible

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Couldnt care less about this girl. Though I still wonder if she and Yurika went all the way When they where at School (sex) or it just stopped at a very passionate and long french kiss. Would still not be surprised if they did have sex, since it sounded like they have already had sex together before…

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Himawari has bars.

Edit: Just read the note. I was insensitive. Hope you all get alright.

Dex-chan lover
Man this is the 3 manga in the last 3 days that has just been incredibly depressing. I need to take break and sift through my my updates catalogue. Also I hope you're alright Translator-san and I hope the author can pull through and push ahead!

Group Leader
Thanks for translating! Man, things are really going downhill for everyone, including the author and the translaters. Hope things improve!!
Oh we're doing fine (me at least). leg died cause i needed an ethernet cable. needed an ethernet cable cause my new residence only has ethernet, no wifi. the closest store that sold one was staples that sold a 50 ft one for 50 dollars so i had to go by bus to a home depot 40 minutes away. had dinner at a ramen place and forgot the cord at the ramen place right after getting on the bus. got off next stop and started walking. had to walk a long ass way for other reasons and ended up home exhausted. no stretching so my right leg is incredibly sore. gonna be going for my learner's exam in 2 days.

Dex-chan lover
I didn't realize her mother was that awful. Her new husband (or boyfriend? I forget) seems like a somewhat decent person, I wonder what he possibly sees in her. Presumably she acts less abusively with her child by him.

Edit: nevermind that was someone else with him in the photo, wasn't looking close enough on my first read through. Looks like he has another family and he's cheating with her. So he's likely not much better than she is.

I'm guessing it's something like, real or imagined, her ex husband hurt her in some way, and she's reminded of him every time she sees their daughter's face. So all the negative emotions that makes her feel, she takes out on Himawari.
Himawari likes her dad, so he's probably not abusive like her mom is, which means whatever grudge Mom has with him is likely her own fault. She doesn't seem like the type of person that can accept responsibility for her own actions when they hurt people, she definitely has to twist it around in her head into always being someone else's fault. So it's probably something like, she did something that made him divorce her, like cheating or whatever, but she's reversed it in her head so it's all his fault. For embarrassing her by exposing her bad behaviour or something. Or some other post hoc justification so she doesn't have to acknowledge her own personality faults. And then she takes all that anger at her ex out on their daughter, because unlike him she can't fight back.

Cool to see Hiratsuka Papa being a great dad like usual. Even for other people's kids.

Really hope Sensei recovers soon. "Institutionalized" is a really scary place to be. Hopefully they can get out there quickly.

Last edited:
Aggregator gang
I dont think i will ever like the character but i can understand she is broken because of the family, still the things she constantly does make her a shitty person no matter the circumstances.

Wish the author gets the help needed, not just at the hospital.

Supporter
I really care about Hiratsuka and I'm glad that Minamo is making an effort with her regardless of how she acts. It's always easy to say how terrible a particular character is, but she's just a high school kid. I think a kid of that age who has been raised by bad parents deserves some grace and understanding.

And her dad is probably better than her mom but still not great. Does he even check on her or take her calls? He knows how bad the mother is so he should be acting like Minamo's dad. Hiratsuka has built him up in her mind as someone who can save her, but I'm afraid that may end up in just more disappointment.

Best of wishes, Sensei.

Double-page supporter
Ah, I hope Masatsuka-sensei is doing better
Thanks for the chapter!

Users who are viewing this thread