Himari no Mawari - Vol. 3 Ch. 19 - Haruki's Feelings

MC is bland sure, but you should've realized that there are literally hundreds of titles with bland MCs, some of the titles ended up being normal, flat, mediocre or whatever you want to call them and some of them flopped, hard.
This manga is already kinda bland with it's premises at the beginning I can't really see it having a big boost or big plot stuff going on, so this manga is supposed to be your normal, everyday and flat wholesome moeblob kind of manga but Kei dragged this manga down to the depths of hell, made it flopped.

Without Kei, I'd take a bet that this manga would at least has 50 chaps. (Albeit there are also a reason about author's health, so it's just make sense that the author shouldn't risk his health for dragging his flopped creation, he'll just take a big break and came up with something new, since this one can't be saved)

Dex-chan lover
Well that happen when you don't know how to write a lesbian character

Dex-chan lover
@Lilliwyt
Funny you mention Gakkou Gurashi because it also get axed, well after 12/13 volumes but still.
You know... I was aggreeing with you there.
I was saying that those manga with a shoujo-ai focus did better, and Himari was pandering to the same audience so it's a surprise it got canned so early.

how boring and bland the Male MC was
Why do people say this about male characters so much? I'm starting to hear it so much it's got me thinking that people aren't actually paying attention to any of the characterization given to these male characters.

Haruki's an indoors person. Haruki doesn't really have a family taking care of him, so he's grown independent. Physically and EMOTIONALLY.
The story was setting him up to be a person that grew to understand bonds, and the importance of social intelligence so he doesn't accidentally hurt the people he cares about's feelings.

I swear if you just swapped his gender literally nobody would be out here calling him a "bland" character. He(She'd) be the gamer girl with a stoic face and the same emotional trajectory and everybody would think the character was interesting.

Male characters get too much shit from readers man.

Dex-chan lover
I swear if you just swapped his gender literally nobody would be out here calling him a "bland" character. He(She'd) be the gamer girl with a stoic face and the same emotional trajectory and everybody would think the character was interesting.

No, it will have been the same thing if it was a girl. It's just not interesting, indoor type doesn't mean you have to be a doormat.

You know... I was aggreeing with you there.
I was saying that those manga with a shoujo-ai focus did better, and Himari was pandering to the same audience so it's a surprise it got canned

And i was just pointing this. Nothing else

Group Leader
The axe fell once again. We probably won't get a proper conclusion with this 25 pages monthly manga 🙃

Dex-chan lover
indoor type doesn't mean you have to be a doormat.
Is he though?

Is following what your sister wants when she wants to cook, and when she wants to wear a kimono to go to an event doormat behavior? Isn't that the point of his emotional trajectory, to be forced to deal with someone else's emotions and gain some emotional intelligence for yourself?

Nah... I think people are just overly critical of him as a character because he's male. I've seen much worse female characters that just get a pass because they're girls.

Finally a somewhat enjoyable chapter. Probably because someone is missing in it.

Dex-chan lover
Can anyone tell me where the middle and right girls on the last page (credits) are from? The leftmost one I know, its from https://mangadex.org/title/3385.

Power Uploader
@ShionSinX Middle girl is Kei from this manga, probably? I found it on the mangaka's twitter page, but he draws a lot of girls who look fairly alike, so there's no telling tbh.

Rightmost girl is Airi from a LN series we translate called "Kawaikereba Hentai demo Suki ni Natte Kuremasu ka?" There's a manga for it, too (which we also do), but she hasn't appeared in it yet.

Contributor
This is ending!? This was such a good manga, it was quite a fresh take. Feels bad that this had to end this soon without getting time to resolve many of the other plot points. Welp loved it anyways, mostly the art.

Users who are viewing this thread