Himari no Mawari - Vol. 3 Ch. 20.5 - Volume 3 Extras

Dex-chan lover
Sure the writing was nothing special but it was worth it for the art. The huge rating bombing wasn't deserved.

Dex-chan lover
His development on Kei was the biggest flaw of his story, forcing a unnatural development killed his manga

Dex-chan lover
I forgot about this shit. I got to like the third chapter, realized it had yuri shit, and dropped it like an anvil.
Seems like many others did the same since it got axed at 20 chapters. Pathetic.

Dex-chan lover
Kei was a bitch. Plain and simple. I was kinda put off with her liking Himari (i'm not a fan of same sex romance, and I actively avoid it), but probably wouldn't have cared if she treated Haruki nicer. That behaviour only works with tsunderes who like the main male lead, but treat them harshly, but with Kei, she just treated Haruki like trash, and was only nice to Kei. That just made her unlikeable. She could've still been a lesbian, and I wouldn't care as much, if she treated Haruki kindly, like a friend. Also, Haruki, was boring, but that's much better than Kei. Himari, I just can't hate. She might not have had much of a character arc, but she's just too god damn adorable and lovable. If the story centered more about Haruki being a shy shut-in introvert with agoraphobia, Kei being his childhood friend who doesn't like him romantically, but still cares deeply about him, and would actively try and help him with what he needed, and finally Himari being the person who manages to get him outside more, that setting would have worked in my opinion.

Dex-chan lover
Hope the author gets a writer for their next work if they ever do. The art is too good.

Man that sucked. I have gotten in to yuri, as an experiment really, and it's not bad. I hate it when it gets super sexual, but from opening myself up to it I was able to find a fourth manga I would consider best of the best, 20/10, above and beyond great.

Now that we get that outta the way. Kei sucked the show down with her. For those fhat don't like yuri it was because she liked himari. For people who do like yuri it's mostly because the execution of the character was so poor it held back the story of the whole manga.

Just liking a manga for having a lesbian character, and liking the character only because she's lesbian, is shallow at best.

Double-page supporter
Overall is a weak manga.
If nothing else there is potential for something better next time, I wish the author to have the chance to do it

Dex-chan lover
I felt a bit bad for the author from the last statement. Good thing he/she admitted there was something lacking in the manga, hopefully they come back with a better one, the art is just too good :(

Theres a lot of good stuff in this manga. The artstyle is great and i want to see more of it, and the premise is fine.

But theres 2 main problematic reasons why this didnt do so well as a story.
1.) Haruki is a boring character with so much wasted potential - He was setup as a loner recluse but is capable of doing good things whenever he needs to, but he lack of screentime to properly develop that more. And most of the screentime he does get is him being forced to do stuff without his consent. The execution couldve been done better imo.
2.) KEI - she's the real killer of this story. Not that i dont like Yuri stuff but she handled it so poorly, and even abusing Haruki without him even doing anything wrong, or anything in General. She only thinks of herself and her goals and nothing else. She's a selfish bitch that isn't even aware that shes probably the reason why Haruki became a recluse in the first place.

In my mind there could've been a solution for both of these;
1.) Expand on Haruki and Nano's relationship - Despite having not much screentime together alone, they have an interesting dynamic. Haruki doesn't feel forced to talk to Nano so it feels more natural. Exploring their relationship further without Kei or Himari on them would've been nice.
2.) Kei's self reflection - Just get her to realize what a bitch she was to Haruki all these years without real reason. And get her to f*cking apologize to Haruki man, why does she need to abuse him that much, its not even cute by romance manga standards its just abusive. But yeah, a self reflection on her part and giving her a lesson on "taking things too far" would've been nice.

Overall, i didnt like this story much, but i didnt hate it as well. Its a quick read anyways but i feel like Kei being a bitch was such a huge blow to this story that it tanked really hard.

Users who are viewing this thread