Hime Kishi wa Barbaroi no Yome - Vol. 3 Ch. 14

Dex-chan lover
I just want to point out how he fell for her all over again at the end of the chapter. I wish this had more romance but the story is well written and interesting nonetheless.

Dex-chan lover
I wish this happened more, but alas, japanese culture has always been problematic.
I believe this is why people bonked you. Not because of the representation in the chapter per se. (Let's not forget shoujo manga also oversexualizes male characters and even paint them as archetypes degrading men representation if we take it that way).

For japanese for example, the excessive inclusion in western media can also be considered as "problematic" but I ask, (in both cases) problematic for whom? It is obviously socially accepted by their own respective target audiences.

It's more a matter of tolerance of other cultures and in this case, the subcultures when WE as foreigners willingly decide to be part of it (remember anime, manga and light novels are a subculture called the Otaku subculture of Japanese culture).

To clarify I'm just giving an opinion on why we can't label other cultures when we aren't part of it. I'm agreeing with your first statement 100%.

Dex-chan lover
I believe this is why people bonked you. Not because of the representation in the chapter per se.
Ye true, what I originally meant was that this kind of healthy representation of platonic intimacy is something that the medium usually lacks.
For japanese for example, the excessive inclusion in western media can also be considered as "problematic" but I ask, (in both cases) problematic for whom?
Oh true, I unintentionally generalized when I said "Japanese culture" when thinking about just the tropes and the "norm", for a lack of a better word, in manga/anime.

And while one can try to blame this on the Japanese history and culture, hypersexualization in the media is a widespread problem all around the world (that harmful "sex sells" mentality)

But ye, I completely agree with the points you are making there :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread