Hime Kishi wa Barbaroi no Yome - Vol. 3 Ch. 15 - Fantasies are the scales of the heart.

Dex-chan lover
could it be that the kingdom have a wasteland soil because they've been using too much magic

Dex-chan lover
Ah yes, the good old "gets surpsied, she can't swallow food, hits chest, she gets water and passes it down" thingy.
I've never met anyone that has ever happened that
Happens to me all the time, usually with dense food, like boiled potatoes or boiled cassava. Except I don't hit my chest, I just calmly get up to get some water to pass the food down

Dex-chan lover
so ...
from what I understand of the last part
the "expedition" is basically to kill the people and lessen the mouths need to fed?
One of the reason the (later) Crusades were an "All Comers" affair.....

pre-Plague Europe was severely overpopulated for the technology of the time, with far too many noble sons sitting idle without hope of inheriting or getting accolades..
So yes.... It isn't all that far-fetched to have anyone not needed for the status quo at home to "do their Duty" on a literal death march.

Dex-chan lover
Ah yes, the good old "gets surpsied, she can't swallow food, hits chest, she gets water and passes it down" thingy.
Dried out bread, potatoes and other heavy dry solid foods (or if you swallowed a huge chuck of meat and didn't chew it like an idiot) occasionally get caught in my esophagus (in a height of about the shoulder blades) if I'm stupid enough not to eat them in large quantities without water.
However having that occur just because you are surprised is highly unlikely (unless it's the meat thing mentioned above, however I don't know anyone who swallows when they are surprised). What the most common thing I've seen is people double over in a coughing fit.

Dex-chan lover
I've done that minus the 'gets surprised' part, so maybe there's something to that

Users who are viewing this thread