Himegoto - Juukyuusai no Seifuku - Vol. 8 Ch. 100 - Final Chapter: Kaito, Mikako, Yuki

Dex-chan lover
For a second I was really scared about a potential Sho ending... but actually that ended really well.

Aggregator gang
@Fari I was really worried about that too.

I didn’t need Yuki/Yoshiki to end up with Kaito to make me happy with the ending, but I’m glad it ended up that way.

How the f**k is it that the rapist got away unscathed and even had a happy ending?

And Mikako too: "I enjoyed it" !!? Yeah you enjoyed it the same way Stockholm syndrome victims "enjoy" the kidnapping. We spent almost 100 chapters detailing her messed up past, broken current life motivated by said past, and depressingly bleak future, only to undo all that and any potential resolution to their fucked up love triangle with the revelation that ...gasp... Mikako had been enjoying it all along and will continue to burn her greatest asset without any regards for the future. Very disappointed with how the author handled Mikako's characterization. At least Kaito's arc has a proper resolution and payoff with her actually transition and all. Mikako's arc literally built up to nothing of value whatsoever.

Group Leader
@PurpleQualia

I’m iffy...
Kaito - semi-best possible ending, only thing could have been her coming out more clearly, but it’s a personal thing that fits with her character, so it makes sense

Yuki - best ending ever!!!

Sho - ummm.... I guess I like it? While it should have been built up better, he seems to have become a better person, so I’m fine with it.

Mikako - I think her ending was okay, but would have been shit, if not for the chapters leading up to the end. She really could have gotten a better ending, but it makes sense. I think how she is portrayed now is to show she is no longer being controlled : she can do what she enjoys (humiliating men), no longer with it being tied to her wanting revenge, even if it originated from that.

Banned
Kaito still identifies as a boy though. Even saying he still crossdresses.

Why does everyone assume it's just common knowledge he's a girl now? Not once did he say that...

Not sure if anyone still reads the comments to this manga, and also not sure if anyone cares about Sho (personally I hated the guy), but it's a nice touch that he was driving in this last chapter as well, seeing how in a previous chapter his friend was asking if he wanted to do a driving course together and he, in his degenerate state, refused so. I suppose it shows some sort of personal development there as well

Contributor
They almost had me with the first half

Edit: the ending could have tipped this from a 7 to a 6 for me, but it was decently executed. The author definitely found their niche after finishing zombie.

Users who are viewing this thread