Himekawa-san Seeks Out His Secrets - Ch. 4 - Secrets

Dex-chan lover
Noooo its overrrr mangaka give us le proper ending even if its text

Dex-chan lover
Author I swear to fuck you better do this ending and announce serialization soon after.

Dex-chan lover
I CAN'T CONTINUE TO CHEER FOR THEM WHEN IT'S ALREADY OVER 😭😭😭 but yeah this was a nice short read. Thanks for translating this even if it was short!

This is a perfect ending for a prequel, introduction, or something along those lines. As an ending for the whole story? Not so much.
this story was pure build up but without a payoff. It literally ended right before the climax, the two characters confessing their love for each other and getting together.

What a way to ruin a perfectly nice little story. This will leave me worried the next time I see a work by the same author. Why should I invest my time in a story by an author who will just make a rushed and unsatisfying ending?
In all fairness the other series this author worked on had a good ending. Maybe this is just a prequel? huffs copium

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the translators and editors, always appreciate the effort and time you guys put into bringing mangas to us...
But for the author: What a monumental sh*tty ending, we had interesting characters and a fresh setting but the whole story got nowhere, not even in the final chapter...

Dex-chan lover
Honestly, that was pretty good for a short one. Felt a lot like a "pre-serialization". It was kitschy and fun. No real complaints, even with the ending.

As ever, thank you for scanlating.

Dex-chan lover
idk I think it's a not bad open end if it was a oneshot meant to get gauge interest for a full serialization.

Which I hope it does get a serialization. That was pretty funny overall.

Didn't realize it was a 4-part one shot. Should have read the description lol.

I liked the concept but I'm pretty confident they would have dragged it on as long as possible if they could. Disappointing that this was it but I doubt it would have been a great series.
I don't think it would have been dragged out too much. The authors last work was 40 chapters with a similar premise and didn't overstay it's welcome.

Dex-chan lover
The art is so good, this really needs to be a serialization, then we will take at least 50 chapters of this please. Preferably with a confession midway through. Please and thank you.

Dex-chan lover
I think the real issue here is that what should have been structured as a one-shot/limited series included a lot of ongoing-series elements, leading the reader to expect more that was never intended to be written. If the second and third chapters were less episodic I think this ending would feel like less of a rug pull.

Personally, I think we need to see more short-form stories with 6-12 chapters :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread