Hina no Mama ja Dame desu ka? - Vol. 3 Ch. 12 - Do I have to be a girl?

Dex-chan lover
nothing wrong with being tomboyish and enjoying cute dresses now and then (other than the super frilly lolita kind, i'd prefer to wear sundresses over tight pants anyways lol/it's a pain to find an exact fit for jeans versus a 'flowy' dress/skirt but wonder if there'd be a subplot of one of the guys wanting to act/wear more feminine stuff [tho tech yukata are suppoesd to be gender neutral/have 'plain' versions for guys but yeah])

Dex-chan lover
You know, being a guy who has only ever hung out with boys, I am having a really hard time relating to this manga.
Do 5th graders really have such complex love concepts?! I have no idea how 5th grader girls IRL feel about romance. (Not that I have any idea how a grown up girl would feel now.)

Group Leader
Manga was axed. Chapter 17 came out 2 weeks ago i think.
Last chapter came out over a month ago in February.

Important to note that this manga was axed due to the magazine (Monthly Action) being discontinued, so the ending is as rushed as it gets unfortunately. You'll notice the pacing going really fast in the last chapters.

Dex-chan lover
Axing or not I kinda like the psychotic pacing. Makes me feel like I'm watching one of those Fox Kids toons like back in the day

Group Leader
You know, being a guy who has only ever hung out with boys, I am having a really hard time relating to this manga.
Do 5th graders really have such complex love concepts?! I have no idea how 5th grader girls IRL feel about romance. (Not that I have any idea how a grown up girl would feel now.)
5th graders are at an awkward stage in life where puberty is a thing for some but not all, and the concept of love exists only on a one dimensional plane. I hung out with p much anyone regardless of gender back then (and throughout my whole life really), and I remember being grilled about love in ways that feel absolutely asinine to me both now and then but to the average 5th grader were probably the best they could do

To people around that age, love can mean any number of one thing: you fall in love, get married, and have kids. Boys and girls can never be friends, or else they fall in love. Things are always in absolutes, there are no complexities. Love is simultaneously something that is supposed to happen and something that is embarrassing and worth teasing or bullying over.

Of course, as a queer person who knew I was such as far back as like 9 or 10 years old, all of this was ridiculous to me, but given how much I was teased and grilled about it, I have a pretty good understanding of how kids seem to think of love: like a weird game you play that has very little deep meaning beyond obligations and media depictions.

Users who are viewing this thread