Hinamatsuri - Vol. 18 Ch. 93 - Mishima Hitomi's great sleepover operation.

Forget about the ship train. HitoNitta is already happening, it is part of plot now.

Deal with that.

About the age gap, it is just a matter of 2 years to be fixed, since adulthood in Japan is 18 y/o.

Is a 15-20 years age gap "imoral" in Japan? For a pressured normal citizen it may be, but not for a fuc* member of Yakuza.

And Hitomi was the first to break social standards in this manga.

Fed-Kun's army
@Broken25

Bwahaha. You got me good with that comment. 😄

There are some people who do believe that such a situation is immoral. Women can legally get married at the age of 16 in Japan so I guess in the eyes of the Japanese government their love is daijoubu. Although I suppose one could argue that legal≠moral, but then we'll be here forever.

At this point Hitomi can't be regarded as underage anymore. The concept of underage is to protect children because their mental and body are not fully developed yet. Hitomi has the mentality of not only a mature person but basically a living god, so much so that she smashed the Monster of Heisei's pride to pieces without any resistance. And her body is already as mature as it can get, her body won't change a bit even when she's in her 30s, she's fully developed. So yeah, you mortals' concept of underage doesn't apply to Hitomi anymore.

Dex-chan lover
Why did they have to go with this romantic relationship angle, what was wrong with the admiration of Nitta as a father figure?

Fed-Kun's army
"Wrong NITAAAAA" lol ヾ(^▽^*))) the interaction of Hitomi with doll was hilarious, Hina with her brains back online tho ^^
Nice to see Hina always being chill or in fact being supportive of Nitta getting a partner, in fact she was even worried if it'll turned out well during the vase lady scammer and even felt guilty that she might've been the cause of Nitta being single. Goes to show she's a caring daughter of Nitta

I'm only 9 pages in but wtf is this jank ass translation, did nobody proofread this? so many grammatical mistakes

Aggregator gang
Since Hina is 13 years old before the timeskip and people can believe Nitta is her biological dad, I assume Nitta is at least 30 years old before the timeskip. Let's just assume he was 31.

That'll mean he is now 34. While Hitomi is 16.

Yeah, that's just to much age gap.

Even if we follow the half your age plus seven rule, it will be 16 more year before that can happen. And at that point, Nitta will already be an oldman.

Banned
Gotta love the fact that Hitomi has maxed out what are typically businessman skills while Nitta has trumped her in housewife skills. I suspect she is falling for him for all the wrong reasons.

@Yosumarainesu : I suppose I had limits beyond "if she is legal, it is fine" ... until I got in a relationship with someone 15 years younger than myself, and found myself wondering if I'd somehow taken after my father (who I distinctly recall had a 19yo girlfriend when he was past 50). Honestly though, mental age makes more of a difference than physical age past certain legal limits... and Hitomi is ludicrously mature for her age... at least in some respects (and quite blatantly lacking in others). So honestly... if she somehow got in a romantic relationship with Nitta, I can't see as there would be anything wrong with it... besides the legal age of consent in Japan, I suppose.
The usual dividing issue with big age-gap relationships is what both parties want out of it. The thing is younger people often don't know what they want, and can be kinda fickle... which is the opposite of what most older sorts are looking for (i.e. stability).

@j48dmxk39 : It is Norway... again... pretending not to be Norway or something... I think. I swear they're just trolling 90% of the time.

I hate what the author did with Mishima. I watched the anime, she just suffered the whole time, then her whole work plotline just got dropped. It seemed like she would find a way to escape from her work, considering she was forced into it in the first place, but then she somehow leaned into it, despite it starting from her being blackmailed. And now she's just a simp for Nitta? At half his age? This is a perfect example of how to absolutely run a character into the ground.

Dex-chan lover
@psr164616 Wtf are you talking about?
Hitomi was uber talented who got forced to work only to find out that she's extremely good at it, she kept climbing the ladder till she reached the top. How was that plotline dropped? And the fact that she can't escape is the joke, by now she pretty much doesn't even want to.
And how is she simping for Nitta? She likes him so she tries to make herself look better, that's it. She destroyed his pride when he tries to go against her.

Users who are viewing this thread