Hiraheishi wa Kako wo Yumemiru - Ch. 46 - Smoke Signals of the Starting War

Dex-chan lover
This is what im spouting on the previous chapters.
MC needs to triple his effort to prevent the worst on his previous life.
Why the demon attack this town earlier than expected? that was because, they had criteria's to follow based on the information's they've got on around the countries.

MC's action so far, trigger those criteria's of them to start initiating an attack.
Maybe, the trigger is, if they lost the chance to tame the dragon on the previous arc maybe, or it get outs of their hand on it...

I liked this series before, and still want to see the mysteries and things unfold, but the pacing has gone all over the place.

Will probably still follow it, but I’m bummed because I’m not really looking forward to it anymore. :(

I feel like the story flow and presentation was better before, so I’m hoping the author/artist are able to get back into a good rhythm with it. Anyone know if this is just a slump in the series?

Dex-chan lover
I was just wondering why this hasn’t been updated for a while.

The changes are too drastic. I get what he did have consequences, but unless they have better explanation(like other returner or something), it seems to be came out of nowhere.

Dex-chan lover
@maki-sama It's not like he can be OP just because this is his second life. The only thing he knew about that would give him strengths beyond the bounds of their current civilization is that stand thing he and his friend got. Other than that he only knew about the most powerful sword style and magic which he already got. So not many chances to be OP regardless of knowing the future.

@Walter_vi_Britannia well, you've got a point but all these chapters before this one, speaks/reads to me that it doesn't seem he's really, really deadset in pushing himself to the limits - there was no desperation except maybe the chapter he went hunting for the swordmaster? Or, maybe the mangaka didn't really focus on focus on that rather building on the character networking and the parts in his journey he interprets as vital? Heck, even after timeskip, he's shown dedicated to doing office tasks instead which doesn't scream any desperation or concern of the future to me. Welp, on the other hand he probably just aims to not get killed easily this time around. In any case if he was indeed trying his ultimate best, I probably might've ignored those panels or chapter(s). Also, he did mention that the future has changed....
so 🤷🏻‍♂️ yeah, idk. And I probably won't reread the back chaps yet. for now. haha

Dex-chan lover
@maki-sama Well, maybe you're right. Maybe he has let go a little bit. And it's actually the most believable if he has. You know why? Its because he told so many people, so many powerful and influential people about the future and they believe him. He feels less of the burden now, he feels he can depend on others for this now. And his knowledge of the future too, he might have become too dependent on it and it not going the way that it went for him previously threw him off.

Basically, it's completely in human nature to have laid back a little bit by now.
Also! Another thing you are forgetting. He's not only focusing on his personal strength, he's not trying to solo kill the demon king or something, he wants to leave that for the actual hero. He wants to give his civilization enough strength to stand up to the demons to protect themselves before the hero makes his appearance. That's what he's been doing. That's why he has been going on journeys to recruit his swordmaster for their country and that's why he's doing office work.

Users who are viewing this thread