Hiraheishi wa Kako wo Yumemiru

Double-page supporter
I don't want any romance, but I wouldn't mind John and Farenna being in an intimate but platonic relationship similar to C.C and Lelouch in Code Geass.

Hi just to say that we French people are laughing our asses off at The MC name . Have a nice day.

Dex-chan lover
Yeah, sorry, I have to heartily disagree with the decries for romance adversely affecting a story (ANY story) and somehow making it less serious. The desire to procreate and continue the species/bloodline is one of the three main driving forces of survival instinct, and in fact has been claimed to be the most important (the other two being shelter/protection and food/sleep/necessities of living), as the other two are generally sought out in order to more easily fulfill the first. It is completely unnatural for this instinct to be ignored or downplayed (as is the case in lustless MCs), and equally bad to tease it without fulfilling it ("cockblocking" either from other female characters or by virtue of the MC's own uselessness or personality). This desire has evolved with human cognition and ego where we both not only desire someone of the opposite gender (generally anyways) because of their appearance and visible traits that make them seem like they would be able to reproduce easily (reptilian brain instincts), but with the additional consideration of "romance" added into general attraction (mammalian brain emotions and cognitive thought).

Additionally, I posit this. Fighting for honor or to protect the general population (aka, no specific people) tends to ring very hollow. It's much more personal and powerful of a motivation to fight to protect your family, friends, and/or lover(s) (especially a lover), and developing a romantic relationship DURING the story gives a character something to look forward to when the fighting is over, which gives them even MORE motivation to fight and fight smart. Even a dark and serious story has to have some light of hope to it, otherwise it's just a pointlessly masochistic circlejerk tragedy.

Dex-chan lover
@TakunDes

I think my points and explanations were fairly clear? Other people were saying they didn't care or want to see any romance, while I disagree. The MC is going through all this unpleasantness during this story, and what does he have to look forward to? Surviving? Bringing himself or his nation honor? I just feel like people are looking to the wrong things for something that would detract from the story.

tbh anything that releases so slowly shouldn’t have cliff hangers... I’m not mad at this manga or the translators but just in general. It has happened all too often where good/great manga release slow af only to end on cliff hangers every time...

Group Leader
tbh anything that releases so slowly shouldn’t have cliff hangers... I’m not mad at this manga or the translators but just in general. It has happened all too often where good/great manga release slow af only to end on cliff hangers every time...
That's how they keep the money rolling in and people addicted

Fed-Kun's army
The Soldier Sees a Dream About the Past...
In other words MC is just in a dream....

Why is this manga getting darker and darker😨 from the cover I thought that this is the kind of adorable manga because the mc party look like a joyful kids...my happy adventure time why😭

Dex-chan lover
Getting darker and darker? Did you miss the early chapters where he sees the heads of his loved ones and stuff? lol

This was dark from the start.

Double-page supporter
@MaNoChan it’s not like we saw the beheaded heads of MCs loved ones in the first chapter, that wasn’t that dark😅

Users who are viewing this thread