Hiru to Yoru no Oishii Jikan - Vol. 2 Ch. 7

Dex-chan lover
I'm so glad to see more of this! Thanks for the translation!

Man her mum really failed her here, it doesn't matter that she pressured the other girl to try the bugs too, she was ring bullied, eating them and throwing up long before that! I hope she can gradually work through her eating disorder.

Thank you so much BAP scans for scanlating this wonderful manga to us! At first, I was interested by the dynamic of the two main characters but now I feel so touched to see this story progress as they learn about each other ❤️❤️❤️ Such a heartwarming manga, I love this so much!

Dex-chan lover
She can't not eat at all. I mean, maybe she drinks pureed drinks, but she's gotta have something other than coffee or cigarettes.
And I find it difficult to believe she's as healthy as she seems if she's basically barely eating at all. If at all.

Double-page supporter
So she hasn't eaten anything since her childhood?
Confirmed, she's a ghost.
Or maybe Japanese people do not actually know that people eat food to survive? Maybe they don't have malnourished people, huh.

Double-page supporter
It would be way more logical if she ate only few products and refused to eat anything else.
That would still lead to an awful health condition over time, but that's at least something.
Like, she could only eat things she never ate in her childhood since she hated it, for example.
That would also make an interesting storyline, where MC is trying to invent new dishes out of these few ingredients for her sake (in order to brighten up her mood or maybe even to overcome disgust) and at the same time try to put some camouflaged side ingredients into her food.

Oh damn it. This is so much more interesting and believable, that now I almost want to draw a manga myself on that idea.

Dex-chan lover
So, I guess she has figured out how to photosynthesize, otherwise, this whole set-up makes even less sense than it already did. Yeesh.

It's practically impossible for her to only drink coffee everyday without eating yet still a normal working human. And it's even more impossible for her to have boobs!!

I have a sibling who developed an eating disorder when they were like 1-2 years old, and we were basically forced to use nutritional drinks like Pediasure for several years.
Although I’m not sure if someone could survive JUST off of those.

Fed-Kun's army
People saying this is impossible, consider something. Heard of hunger strikes? Those folks sure last long.

Also looking at the cover and her design, she's practically all bones. Of course we don't have the full picture so it could be she was hospitalized on drip sometimes in between, which allowed her to last so long. I feel people are jumping to conclusions too fast. Maybe there is more to it, we just need to wait for more chapters.

Also it could be she became a ghoul. /s

MD@Home
Hmm, this was nice! Loved that they finally revealed her reason for not eating... I thought it was a bit underwhelming tbh though seeing that it was a single occurrence yet it developed to be such a serious disorder! However I do think it can happen since there are instances where people develop serious conditions from minor events but them stressing and being concerned over it can create such situations.

Fed-Kun's army
that's such shitty reasoning. honestly, the pedo teacher in boy's abyss is a better caretaker than this tobacco addicted loser.

Dex-chan lover
This is stupid, she should be dead by now. Like, basic human biology???

Dex-chan lover
yeah kinda not reached my expectation

but damn is that kind of bullying happened in ELEMENTARY GRADE school?

@Kuroww What? Traumas that are formed in childhood are things that many times are carried to adulthood. Imagine if it was you, you were being bullied and your mother didn't believe you, and instead thought you were the one bullyibg, do you think you would be much better than her?

Users who are viewing this thread