Hisshou Dungeon Unei Houhou - Aite ni Awaseru Niyuu ga Nai

This one seems to be good, even from the first pages it seems to turn haremish later

Aggregator gang
I love how everybody's definition of good art is based on the quality of the character art. Meanwhile everybody just laps up Nonbiri Nouka's art without batting an eye. It really says something about the people reading these manga.

So I'm just going to say it. I really respect this manga's artist. Sure his actual drawing skill is abysmal. But he makes up for it with a talent that few other new artists seem to have. *A grasp of good scene composition and panel layout.*

Page 7 and 11 are probably the best showcases of this. I'm pretty much always aware of where characters are standing in the room, regardless of if they are in the frame or not.

On page 7, Chii's feelings of impatience and frustration is conveyed through good use of action lines directing the eye to the face and then zooming into a close-up.

The constantly changing camera angles always keeps us informed as to where characters are facing, and if they've subtly moved throughout the room.

I couldn't care less about this story, it's not even as good as Lazy Dungeon Master. But I was never bored because this artist knows how to make manga interesting and unique from other forms of media.

Contributor
The premise seems interesting, but the telling of the story makes no sense. There's a lot of things that are either skipped over or just aren't explained.

Group Leader
I love how everybody's definition of good art is based on the quality of the character art. Meanwhile everybody just laps up Nonbiri Nouka's art without batting an eye. It really says something about the people reading these manga.

So I'm just going to say it. I really respect this manga's artist. Sure his actual drawing skill is abysmal. But he makes up for it with a talent that few other new artists seem to have. *A grasp of good scene composition and panel layout.*

Page 7 and 11 are probably the best showcases of this. I'm pretty much always aware of where characters are standing in the room, regardless of if they are in the frame or not.

On page 7, Chii's feelings of impatience and frustration is conveyed through good use of action lines directing the eye to the face and then zooming into a close-up.

The constantly changing camera angles always keeps us informed as to where characters are facing, and if they've subtly moved throughout the room.

I couldn't care less about this story, it's not even as good as Lazy Dungeon Master. But I was never bored because this artist knows how to make manga interesting and unique from other forms of media.
People lap up Nonbiri Nouka because it fills a specific niche that hasn't exactly been explored very often in isekai; 90% of the time the MC meets/sees many people during the first few chapters, and he/she isn't completely in the middle of nowhere.

I respect all mangakas because I know the amount of work required to do this, even though I may complain some of the time.

I don't get the 'OMG SO UGLY' trend in the comments, but I got to say, it feels so rushed, I don't get half of the events. The world-building is all over the place, character development... what is that again? So, not sure if it is worth keeping an eye out for this one.

Dex-chan lover

I call it like I see it, and it's a harem tag so of course, the characters are given more detail.

LDM was objectively better, but then again it didn't have a massive harem to juggle.

Group Leader
The premise is very interesting, and I don't have the same problem with the art that others do, but... it's so hard to follow the plot and world building. I've no idea what's going on half the time, it feels like it's missing half the dialog. Looking at some reviews, it seems that this probably stems from similar problems in the original light novel.

Dex-chan lover
Huh, I was just talking to someone about this exact situation.
someone was pissed that MCs in medieval worlds don't crusade around freeing the slaves. I replied (among other things) that the slaves would have to have jobs and land not currently occupied by others, i.e. the MC would have to have their own territory...
I will have to reference this there.

Dex-chan lover
The art is not excellent yeah, but until it doesn't turn into HxH bug arc scribbles, Oreshura or Infinite Stratos first manga when the artist just gone bonkers I'm fine with it

Dex-chan lover
@Aricitic I really don't understand the appeal of MCs that travel the world righting Its endless wrongs, I'd much rather their motivations be selfish, I can actually relate to assembling a harem and increasing your station in life.

This author decided on an actual mustache twirler.....this is officially a parody.

Dont care about the art, but the scenarii pace is shitty and messy...

Do onto others what you would have done to yourself @gaigous.
If you want to be selfish to others, others will be selfish to you. If you are selfless to others, then if others are selfish to you in return, you get a causus beli for war without the aggressive expansion. >=]
But seriously, being good to people pays off in the long run.

Dex-chan lover
For those that say that art is okay just look at any seconday or non essential character that appear in at least 2 panels, there are all over the place, even main cast or harem girls are drawn inconsitently...
But the worse here is the story : the original is already quite poor on this point, but this adaptation add to it by rushing the lackluster and messy original harem expansion excuse that the author call plot in a gibbering mess.
If I hadn't read some of the start of the novel I think I would be completly lost reading this manga.

Users who are viewing this thread