History Spam

MD saves the links for every page of a chapter in the browser history which I find very annoying. E.g. if one chapter has 30 pages, 30 links will be saved in the browser history. This history obviously gets spammed a lot while reading mangas on this site. On other manga websites it's usually the case that only 1 link will be created per chapter, but not for every page. Make it so history only remember the title of the man/ga/hwa/hua etc we read, and only the chapters that got in to the history.

If you use the Legacy reader, and use the Long strip mode, this will not happen. If the old one could, why can't the new one does too?

TL;DR suggestion: make it so we can choose whether we want the history to be updated per pages or per chapter.

Oh, looks like I'm not the only one that finds it annoying. Great, more of a reason why it should be implemented.

And no, I don't really care about space(if we are talking about memory)

Dex-chan lover
Currently there is no way for a website to decide what does or does not go into your browser's history. Only your browser gets to decide that.

...which you would have known had you actually READ the thread that was linked to you.

@MrIncognito

Yes, it is the browser weird behavior that does this.

However, it is possible to make it a feature. Why? Because I have seen some other website have it.

And also, if you use the legacy reader and use the long strip setting, this history spam won't happen. If the old one could, why can't the new does too?. You might be saying "just use the legacy reader, then."

I don't want to, let's just be honest here, the legacy reader looks doodoo and that's why they made the new one in the first place.

Dex-chan lover
@TheMythHunter
The reason why this particular reader spams the history is because each page of the manga is a separate, well, "page". That is why you can send someone a link to a specific page of a specific chapter, and why you don't lose all your progress if your finger brushes the back button. The reason the new longstrip reader spams the history and the legacy longstrip reader does not is because the new one updates the URL as you scroll.

@MrIncognito

Ahh, yes, ofc. I get what you're saying.

But like everything else, everybody's opinion will always be different from each other. There will always be more than one side. For example like... Well, you and me.

That's why I suggested to make it a feature. So both sides, you and I, can choose what we prefer.

Users who are viewing this thread