Hitokiri Shoujo Koushaku Reijou no Goei ni Naru - Vol. 1 Ch. 3

Dex-chan lover
Holy soy
Medieval blacksmith preaching about how he doesn't want to make swords for killing people (WTF does he think a sword is for) into le epic "I don't keep count?!?!?!!~~~!111" (most cliche possible way to show your protagonist is coldblooded, made even worse by the dogshit setup)

It's just normal manga shit like: "This blacksmith only makes swords for justice after he made some for the BAMF Oda Nobunaga who beheaded 1000x monks, children and women at Mount Hiei as the cool spruster as he was" - Just Japanese things

Dex-chan lover
Holy soy
Medieval blacksmith preaching about how he doesn't want to make swords for killing people (WTF does he think a sword is for) into le epic "I don't keep count?!?!?!!~~~!111" (most cliche possible way to show your protagonist is coldblooded, made even worse by the dogshit setup)
If would be good reason if the blacksmith just say he only handle cooking and gardening tool, and it would take a long time to make the sword. But it's fiction anyway so just get on with it.

Dex-chan lover
thanks for the chapter!

relieving opponents' breathing privileges.
this is such a great line, I'm stealing this.

Huh, i dont often see Mcs that are THAT fine with having killed many ppl... Makes you wonder if she is just naturally sociopathic or she became like that or if she is just coping
I mean, girly was trained to kill, got framed, had to kill all those trying to kill/capture her, had to kill even more to get out of the country. She must have be desensitized by now.

Dex-chan lover
Huh, i dont often see Mcs that are THAT fine with having killed many ppl... Makes you wonder if she is just naturally sociopathic or she became like that or if she is just coping
some people are just like that, especially people of older times. old times are brutal.

Dex-chan lover
Holy soy
i think the blacksmith mean: "i don't want to repair/make weapon because they are used to kill people". Of course he knows the purpose of weapon, he just doesn't want to do anything with killing people.
To be fair he's just a blacksmith in a backwater village and typically makes tools for farmwork, not weapon. The closest thing they have to a weapon is a hatchet after all.

Fed-Kun's army
@ translator, with the distiction of word usages you pointed out in the TN, and the understanding that "assassination" is mostly distinctive from other killings by its political motive, I suggest making the distinct English translations in the same vein: shikaku 刺客--> "killer-for-hire" or "hired killer"; ansatsusha --> "stealth killer" (or may be "shadow killer/guard" if there's no overlap with some killer using shadow magic later) (based on the kanji 暗殺者 "secret/stealthy" + "kill" + "person (pronoun)", usually translated as "assassin" but Hein here is more a skilled secret guardian capable of killing than the usual primarily-killing-as-a-job type), and hitokiri 人斬り--> "manslayer" or just "slayer" (Shurine doesn't seem to think twice about relieving opponents' breathing privileges).
What about shikaku 刺客--> “hitman”or “hitmen” to keep with the “hired killer” aspect?
Ansatsusha is fine as “assassin”, I think, because of how it is commonly translated and how Hein is about stealthy wetwork.

Dex-chan lover
What about shikaku 刺客--> “hitman”or “hitmen” to keep with the “hired killer” aspect?
Ansatsusha is fine as “assassin”, I think, because of how it is commonly translated and how Hein is about stealthy wetwork.
Ooh, so that's why I felt something was amiss: somehow the word "hitman" just slipped my mind. Thank you. "Hitman" is the superior choice over the mouthful "killer-for-hire".
"Ansatsusha" is closest to how we commonly think of assassins, yes, but I'm a bit tied up with the historical title of "hitokiri" (most notably the Four Hitokiri of the Bakumatsu, referring to unbeatable swordmen that engaged in high profile assassinations around the time of the Meiji Restoration) that the author quite obviously tries to allude to.

Fed-Kun's army
Lutecia: "But you're not a murderer."
Shurine: "Yes, I am."

I honestly don't know how Lutecia can say this when she followed Shurine through a train as Shurine cleared train car after train car of mercs. I do like how Shurine doesn't try to make any excuses. She knows who and what is she and is comfortable with the choices she has made, so much so that she can recognize it in other people.

If/when Shurine pulls out the nata, I wonder if Ridd will still want to fight, knowing that she doesn't have her primary weapon?

Dex-chan lover
Shurine is kinda funny since while technically shes not the one who murdererd the one she was meant to protect its pretty clear that this girl rly kinda wanna cut ppl up and she just want a justifiable excuse to do it
my girl knows she wants to see blood

Dex-chan lover
I honestly don't know how Lutecia can say this when she followed Shurine through a train as Shurine cleared train car after train car of mercs.
I think the intent is that Lutecia doesn't see self defense as murder. Murder being of innocent lives. Whereas Shurine sees all killing as equal, which I do find interesting since she also says she doesn't like killing people who are running away, so at least on some level, she and Lutecia agree.

Dex-chan lover
Holy soy
Swords are also for killing monsters, which exist in this setting. You can fight with a sword for a living without ever taking a human life.

Group Leader
z35kNdB.png

did he really expect her not to😭
Literally her :

Attachments

• giphy.gif
    giphy.gif
    4.2 MB · Views: 2
Dex-chan lover
thank you for the chapter, hopefully we will get to see the maid-zoned in action at some point.

Users who are viewing this thread