Hitokiri Shoujo Koushaku Reijou no Goei ni Naru - Vol. 1 Ch. 3

Dex-chan lover
Huh, i dont often see Mcs that are THAT fine with having killed many ppl... Makes you wonder if she is just naturally sociopathic or she became like that or if she is just coping
She's still a teen right? Ending life to save life was how she was raised - she probably sees the lives she's taken as no different than intercepting a missile with another missile. Force to negate force; she was raised to be a bodyguard, aka a reactive killer, one that doesn't make the first move. It's probably easy to follow that line of thinking into a general "people will kill, and the only way to stop them is to kill them" mentality.

I think it's also why she sees no difference in why she kills versus someone like Ridd - to her, killing repeatedly and surviving requires a certain temperament and discipline. Wether you're trying to be the best hired killer or the best bodyguard, to survive in that life you must have a strong sense of observation, with tightly controlled movements that betray no opening. It's an air that normal people don't carry, and game recognizes game lol.

But like you said, even with similar backstorys a lot of young MCs in this kind of plot usually go through a "greenhorn" arc that shows them suffering the psychological effects of their lifestyle. I wonder if we'll get that for our MC here or if she's just genuinely indifferent to the lives she takes doing her job

Dex-chan lover
"It's not like I'm keeping count so I don't remember the exact number. Is it important?"

Damn, she's fucked up. I love her.
Clearly this is Ginko's best friend.
hhhhhnnnnngggggggg
Dude, you have a pink samurai chick in your blacksmith. If she was homicidal she would have ditched the clothes for something lower profile.

Double-page supporter
I know this is still a relatively new work (only two LN volumes out I think?) but I already hope this gets an anime in the future.

Dex-chan lover
She managed to find the blacksmith with the worlds worst case of cognitive dissonance.
It isn't that weird that a blacksmith doesn't want to create a tool for a murderer you know?

If she had instead said ''I need a sword so I protect this noble chick I am hired to protect'' he would probably have done it since the focus would be on guarding and protecting rather than the killing part.

Dex-chan lover
It isn't that weird that a blacksmith doesn't want to create a tool for a murderer you know?

If she had instead said ''I need a sword so I protect this noble chick I am hired to protect'' he would probably have done it since the focus would be on guarding and protecting rather than the killing part.
So it's communication issues in the end. Like how she says, "yeah I totally lost count of how many people I killed" but omits the part where most of those were done in self defense.

Dex-chan lover
So it's communication issues in the end. Like how she says, "yeah I totally lost count of how many people I killed" but omits the part where most of those were done in self defense.
Pretty much, he thinks she is just a psychopath probably when in reality she is a very high functioning psychopath who don't randomly go on murder sprees.

Dex-chan lover
I know this is still a relatively new work (only two LN volumes out I think?) but I already hope this gets an anime in the future.
is it translated anywhere or is it going to be Experimental Translations/Whiteknight2013?

Dex-chan lover

Yes, it is.

And your argument of "I need this sword to protect, etc." doesn't track. Re-read the dialogue. He doesn't care. He asked how many people she killed. Not if she was a murderer, killed innocents, etc. The only criteria, as his own words mention, is weapons that could be used against humans (of which a sword qualifies, so why he's dealing with them period it's asinine) qualifies. He doesn't ask, "Wait, who were they? Were they bandits about a rape a woman?" He doesn't care. He wasn't want weapons in the hands of anyone that kills, even if it's for self-defense.

We see by the dialogue he himself gives, the fact that one of the girls talks to him and she talks to him multiple times about it. I'm sure the maid or whoever talked to him probably brought up the fact that it was needed because she was a bodyguard. Again, the guy doesn't care. If what you're saying is true, throughout the multiple discussions and knowing she was a bodyguard, the guy would have repaired her sword. The fact is he doesn't care because he doesn't want any weapons in the hands of anyone that might kill. Which is silly.

His actions are, indeed, contradictory and he's exhibiting cognitive dissonance.

Dex-chan lover
Assassin for the first word because assassination does not require stealthily killing in any sense. It's just good practice if you want to survive and do it again. But assassins can opt to go in loud and complete their mission then immediately gets taken down and it will still be reported as assassination.

Hitman or something that emphasize stealth for the second word. As the job title directly requires the kill to be done stealthily, meaning you aren't there by the time they realize something is wrong/body discovered, if discovered at all.

Third word is literally "manslayer" from Kenshin. Which is just a notorious killer. Like Demon Eye Kyo and Sesshomaru, where everyone already knows who they are because they can essentially go in loud and you still can't stop them from leaving after the fact. So you slap that label to hope for the best the next time as their notoriety rises people might take security more seriously.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Blacksmiths make more than just swords, you know. Every hammer, knife, nail, and horseshoe in the village was probably made by him.

I immediately got the vibe that the blacksmith used to make weapons but he had a Tony Stark moment and swore it off entirely as a form of radical pacifism, moving to such a remote village to escape.

Yes, it is.

And your argument of "I need this sword to protect, etc." doesn't track. Re-read the dialogue. He doesn't care. He asked how many people she killed. Not if she was a murderer, killed innocents, etc. The only criteria, as his own words mention, is weapons that could be used against humans (of which a sword qualifies, so why he's dealing with them period it's asinine) qualifies. He doesn't ask, "Wait, who were they? Were they bandits about a rape a woman?" He doesn't care. He wasn't want weapons in the hands of anyone that kills, even if it's for self-defense.

We see by the dialogue he himself gives, the fact that one of the girls talks to him and she talks to him multiple times about it. I'm sure the maid or whoever talked to him probably brought up the fact that it was needed because she was a bodyguard. Again, the guy doesn't care. If what you're saying is true, throughout the multiple discussions and knowing she was a bodyguard, the guy would have repaired her sword. The fact is he doesn't care because he doesn't want any weapons in the hands of anyone that might kill. Which is silly.

His actions are, indeed, contradictory and he's exhibiting cognitive dissonance.
There're monsters in the setting of this manga and so it could be that he only make and repair weapon for the purpose of fighting monsters. This is a fictional story after all so the author probably wouldn't add a cognitive dissonance character for no reason.

Dex-chan lover
There're monsters in the setting of this manga and so it could be that he only make and repair weapon for the purpose of fighting monsters. This is a fictional story after all so the author probably wouldn't add a cognitive dissonance character for no reason.

Do you know what the different between a sword used to kill people and a sword used to kill monsters is? Nothing. It's the same fucking thing. Only, logically, swords and swordmanship/treatises (or kata in Japanese or whatever it's called, I don't know, I haven't touched Japanese martial arts) is based on what? Killing people. That's what they were developed for. When you see the master katana swordsman do all those cool poses and stances and shit, that was developed as part of sword training to do what? To kill people. Swords aren't that good of a weapon for against wildlife, either. Polearms, spears, javelins and bows especially were primarily used on hunts. Why? Because reach. You don't want to be in reach of the bear or whatever creature that's multiple times heavier and stronger than you. (And before I hear the tired old arguments that make me want to stab my eyes out with a pencil like "but this is a manga, so it could be different in their world" - she's using a fucking katana from our world. A katana that was developed and shaped that design to do what? To kill people. Things are going to have shared consistency.) So in either this world OR OURS a sword is exponentially more likely to be used in combat against people than monsters/animals. So, again, why is he making and repairing swords if that's his problem? That's the issue.

So, yes, he has cognitive dissonance. And there are people in the real world that have such contradictory nonsensical takes like this (although mostly regarding firearms).

Users who are viewing this thread