Hitomi-chan wa Hitomishiri - Vol. 5 Ch. 52

Dex-chan lover
Uh what? In the topmost panel on p.10 Hitomi-chan was in the middle and in the photograph she is suddenly in the window seat.

Anyhow, thank you for the new chapter, always happy to see more of this.

Hitomi's big brother is somehow starting to become my favorite supporting character.
He dominates every shot he's in, even when he isn't saying anything.
He is playing the part of the reliable older brother 24/7, and you can tell he loves every second of it.

Like the kind of guy who will take his sister and her friends to a restaurant,and won't even complain if one of them gets a meal that's way more expensive than everyone else, because he's just that laid back. Then again, he comes from a family of gluttons, so that specific scenario is pretty unlikely, but that same kind of energy.

His straight posture and firm but cheery face always just screams "Hitomi, I am gonna support the FUCK out of your relationship" at all times, even when he's clearly just dicking around.

@LegendaryKami56
Probably happened offscreen. Logically, it makes sense that if their parents were there, the kids would naturally fill them in that they ran into their friends from school, and they're probably gonna be hanging out a lot during their vacation. It's just that the focus of the manga is meant to be squarely on the slice-of-life antics of the main characters that it only makes sense that the manga does everything it can to put as little focus on the parents as possible. I think most anime/manga readers have become so desensitized to unnaturally independent teenagers, or everyone just being orphans, that we don't really think to consider where their parents are or what they're doing. In that sense, it's surprising the parents were mentioned at all.

Dex-chan lover
I'd want to say that they look like a mom and dad with their kid... but it instead looks like a girl with her brother and their mom...

@LegendaryKami56 Try to remember that things can happen off screen in manga. We aren't seeing every single second of their lives, just the moments that the author feels is most important for readers.

Dex-chan lover
@Hell_Kaiser Don't recognize her, but considering the other things this group works on I feel like she's probably from Onizuka-chan. Art style looks about right, and there's a rather large assortment of female characters that only show up here and there for a bit so it'd make sense if I don't recognize her either due to forgetfulness or not having read a chapter with her in it yet.

@deathmailrock
Honestly speaking. Hitomi REALLY looks much older in this chapter, especially on page 10.On that page, if you just showed that out of context to someone who had never read this story, he'd think she's their aunt or mom.

Users who are viewing this thread