Hitoribocchi no Isekai Kouryaku - Vol. 1 Ch. 6 - Just What is a Geek?

Group Leader
@JuliusCV
Damn, man... your English was good and your arguments on point.
What a breath of fresh air...

That said, I still think that the delinquents, after more or less a week of "everything going right" wanted to start imposing their dominance.
I'm guessing the geeks helped them realise that their blessing are as OP as the others, but they are still physically stronger, making them still "superior" and prone to bullying.

People that are accustomed to being dominant don't suddenly change personality, even in a dire situation. They probably thought: "Now is the time to secure us a cosy future by enslaving the weak in doing our bidding.".
I've seen this kind of behaviour time and time again in real life, and people, especially good looking people, tend to try to exploit others for their own benefit, no matter the cost.

So to me, at least, this situation is entirely believable.

Dex-chan lover
All the groups that start being lazy and want the geeks to do everything made me think of this:
tenor.gif

Fed-Kun's army
@wankerLin give it time. Almost all these authors can only think of rape as a way to show how scummy people are. Probably one of my biggest pet peeves with the manga I've read.

Dex-chan lover
if you guys are lame like me you can see the 17 chapters of raws here: https://rawdevart.com/comic/hitoribocchi-no-isekai-kouryaku/

Double-page supporter
Frankly, I'm surprised that the class president was able to hold them together that long before they went all "Lord of the Flies" on the weaker members of the class. It would be different if they were in a fantasy story with a kingdom giving them a demon lord slaying mission. Then, the new civilization and established law and order would substitute the order of Japan. However, they are in a survival situation in the wilderness, with monsters attacking. And these ARE teenagers, it was only a matter of time before some started to rebel as there is no adult authority or societal consequences.
That said, people don't give teenagers enough credit for critically thinking, I find that the author is being lazy by separating the class into stereotypes. Yes, people do form cliques, but are hardly so one dimensional.

Dex-chan lover
Just boot the useless people out, aka pretty girls who wont do shit. Jocks arent stupid enough to agree with them and the delinq's might, but doubt they would rather be on their own.

Is there a manga or novel with similar start where people like those "mean girls" dying horrible death at the very beginning?

Double-page supporter
Me as the president:
Yeah fuck it then, you guys live on your own. Everyone! We’re disbanding! Supply up before you leave, try not to fight too hard. /ditches

Lmao

Common sense is non existant in this, dont want to work when being lost in the wilderness and risk dying from hunger,monsters or diseases?

You can tell this manga were made for kids when the drama/issues doesnt need any logical explanation for why its happening, we as readers are just suppose to accept that this is how the characters act and not question it.

These "delinquents" intelligence level is = to 5-year-olds, and those bitchy girls are delusional as hell. How can they just think that just by having the power they can be safe and act like that? They were even attacked, and even if they won doesn't mean they will always win. Sigh~ I guess they're the overly pampered princess on the modern world and never felt any harm, pain, or problems in life.

@firosahoge I realized the novel "God and Devil World" ended. Do you know the supposed next novel the Author said he will make after that ended? Is it Mechanical God Emperor?

Dex-chan lover
@VanJosh i haven't read gdw since a long time ago, but if it's about chinese novels, lnmtl's discord might know. Go to lnmtl.com and click join discord chat if you wanna ask them questions like that.

Fed-Kun's army
... lazy bastards...usually these issues come from unfair treatment and poor distribution of resources ... fine let them go out alone get fucked by a couple hundred goblins frankly i agreed with the geeks if they left they would be forced to unify to survive

Double-page supporter
After many years of being bullied fairly constantly for, among other things, countless geeky interests, one might think I'd be an ideal audience for this chapter. But nope! Because I don't buy it for a second. Such inane, cliché gobbledygook. I was pretty disappointed in this one.

Users who are viewing this thread