Hitoribocchi no Isekai Kouryaku - Vol. 2 Ch. 13

@Echonic So you are saying the only strategy we should have is sneak attack the monster. And if that doesn't work because you aren't strong enough to one-shot monsters or stealthy enough to sneak up on monsters or if the monsters notice you first then you should just die.

Dex-chan lover
@heroeric
No I'm saying that the girls have op magic yet not enough intelligence to use it. Perhaps they could of taken hints from seeing how the mc fought instead of getting angry.

it's the effect of his op "luck" status, he always got critical hit every time he fight. thats dice in the first chapter sure help

Hi, I heard there is a R15 version and a R18 version of the novel.
Do you guys know the difference between them? I would assume the 18 one must have a darker tone, but I don't see how that fits the story :T

Dex-chan lover
@Malikoman
I don't think darker tone fits this story
While sex and smut are, so I think there's sex and smut on r18 version XD

In response to the argument below, the fact of the matter is he is incompetent at teaching.
Let me liken it to something more familiar.
There you are, sitting in your high school advanced algebra class, and the teacher tells you that you can factor polynomials with a degree higher than 2 (yes, just tells you) and then writes a polynomial on the board and then the factored form. No steps or in betweens and expects you to just figure it out. The fact of the matter is, most students can't just figure it out from that and need to be shown the process and will even still have questions. What he did was just do something without precisely explaining the why and how.
For one, the setting is regular high schoolers from Japan being isekai'ed and while we are more 'intelligent (hah)' regarding the situation because we are seeing things from an outsider perspective and have read more manga and thus realize the basic idea of how to fight monsters because of that, they (at least the girls, and this is just the author I don't intend to say anything about genders here) don't know and thus need to have those things explained to them.
With regards to them having op skills, well, actually the MC is basically more op than them, it's pretty obvious, since even the nerds were behind him. Then there's the simple fact that not every one can just 'figure it out.' If you get a new phone, way back when they were new, unless you read the instructions manual (and they don't have one) or ask someone else (said someone else is hardly explaining things like a teacher, and I'm not saying he has to, just that if he did agree to teach he should do it right) then you have to figure it out on your own slowly and they are exploring that and at least trying. The fact is also that they are kids and truthfully, the nerds and MC are the minority representation of kids because video games or not most kids would just starve in the wild because manga and anime, especially ones with actual relevant knowledge regarding survival are less common so again, they are outliers.
Finally, some of the readership is just amazingly toxic. The delinquents are the only frankly negative kids, where the rest are essentially just kids. The fact that people are going on about murdering them for not being hyper competent or getting lucky survival related skills which the MC did (because theirs are only really good for battle until they figure out the nuanced uses) is honestly just annoying. If you're going to argue logic then at least look at it less biasedly.

orp

A-and we're back to the regularly scheduled OP MC isekai. Joy.

@Echonic
Takes hints from what though. The only thing that you could learn from what MC did was try to use sneak attacks and to aim for the head. Its also pretty clear from the MC reaction that he doesn't think that there was anything to learn from what he did.
Also despite the girls having "OP magic" and higher level its pretty obvious that the MC is just plain much stronger then them.

Dex-chan lover
@Riger Well, athletes should have that fair play attitude so I hope they are actually as nice as they seem. It would be just too bland to have both the delinquents and athletes be assholes.

Dex-chan lover
@Walter_vi_Britannia
Wouldn't be all that strange, though. Remember that the girls (minus the rep) were assholes originally. So the opposite can easily be true.
Also, lots of jocks in high school and college look and act friendly while constantly being assholes. Its the norm, unfortunately.

Dex-chan lover
@Dragorule While your analogy is good, it's not accurate. The girls are already powerful, they just don't know how to apply their power. It's like they already know advanced algebra, they just don't understand how to use it outside of class.

Well I suppose so, but then it's not as if they 'know' the skill, they can do it but it's not like they learned theory or from a magic textbook or something.
You're right in saying that it's like they know advanced algebra but it's not just not knowing how to use it outside of class it's that they don't really know the underlying theory either.
@cor3zone

Double-page supporter
@cor3zone
Funny thing is, MC even admits himself that the girls' powers/skills are more powerful than his own.
That is based off them having higher levels. He's assuming that higher levels = higher stats. But what isn't mentioned in the manga - though mentioned in what limited novel translations I've found - one of the "useless" skills he was forced to take is something like slower leveling. He considered that a penalty but it does seem all the skills are useful after all. So he is leveling up much slower than others. It doesn't seem to be the case that he's getting stronger at a slower pace. In fact he seems to be much stronger despite the lower level.

So I think his level ups count for a lot more. And possibly the mushrooms are having an effect, though I'm not for sure on that one.

Dex-chan lover
@bk3k Here. MC openly admits their skills are more powerful than his. Given that MC can learn skills, and already has more skills, you could argue that his potential is leaps and bounds better that theirs. But in a direct comparison, i.e. girl's lightning vs. MC's lightning, the girls win easily at the moment.

Users who are viewing this thread