Hitoribocchi no Isekai Kouryaku - Vol. 3 Ch. 32 - [Copycat] Skill

Double-page supporter
to decieve your enemy, first you must decieve your readers.. :D

Double-page supporter
ah here is the old. you forgot Im the MC not you ploy, works everytime

Double-page supporter
Mc has so much skill he just need to use multiple at the same time to beat the lad as he copy only 1 at a time + use restrictions until he kill to get permanent.

This is either gonna be, A: the mc got too cocky and is back in an unfavorable position in the fight before he turns it around again and it becomes B anyway, or B: the usual isekai mc stuff

Group Leader
Let's makes sure not to kill the evil bastard because he is a classmate and that would be wrong despite his evil intentions and how much it will bite you in the ass if you were to let him go or get away.

Top 5 easiest ways to let the baddies extend the fight or get away:
Monologue
Hesitate for a stupid reason
Not wanting to finish him off
This isn't my final form
Fumbling at the last moment

Fed-Kun's army
He shouldn't be that hard to deal with no matter how many weapon skills he copied. In actual combat you don't just parry, you counter or dodge and attack at the same time too, making his fighting style of using many weapons useless, as he breaks the offensive whenever he tries to use another weapon to attack.

@BloodySorcerer That's why he was kinda rushing from the beginning as mentioned. He was afraid he would use them up so he was rushing. He tried not to give him a chance to properly counter so he kept attacking rapidly and not to get a flow or 'the hang of it' switching weapons. Makes it also less noticeable if he goes for offense.

He probably would have been able to give him a better fight, but then he might have either escaped before learning more about copycat or a slightly different approach to not reveal the weakness making it harder. Staying defensive maybe allowed him to pay more attention and made Tanaka less cautious.

@GrimGriefer
Nope. Tanaka is DEAD. He doesn't WANT to kill him no, and the fact that Tanaka made this choice and died bites him in the ass later by his own thoughts. He repeatedly makes note later how with Tanaka's analytical ability or the dickhead bullies fighting ability he'd be able to handle things better. In Tanaka's case he literally thinks he could have completely disabled like 3 different countries bloodlessly between the two of them. Meanwhile he repeatedly has had trouble with the fact that no matter how powerful they become he can only split his classmates into so many teams while keeping their safety in mind. Limiting the number of places he can logically cover until he fails to be 2 places he needed to be in time and gets saved by others he didn't calculate as a force. At that time the number he's splitting the party members in is 4, and the bullies had some of the most blatantly offensive skills. Just 8 more people would have made his plan perfectly safe, 12 would have allowed him to get away without using EVERY trump card in his pile.

The MC is many things but he DOESN'T hesitate when his fellow classmates are in danger. He may mourn the deaths of people he could have somehow maybe saved if he was stronger or smarter but he'll go places and kill things because he doesn't want any of his classmates to die or become 'too soiled' to return home.

Double-page supporter
@RandomDoge
Well, the novel did this fight much better.
Are you reading MTLs? The R-15 version didn't have much translated from what I saw. A decent group recently started handing the R-18 version (which frankly just much better done overall), but they're not to this point yet. To the point that they just arrived in the guild, then the hotel. Moving along at a decent pace. Still that's why I'm wondering about you reading it already to compare. But if you are reading MTLs then that's understandable, or if you are a native reader.

I'd have to say it is way better to read compared to the manga, though I'm going to keep reading the manga too. More detailed obviously, and funny. I do recommend it.

@TheGodEmperor
Kick his ass! I sure hope the president girl comes by to steal the copycat skill from him soon and lock his ass up.
Here is one of those things where manga stories don't bother to explain things you that the novels did. She cannot simply use Plunder at will with the intent to spare the target's life. That's no problem for Tanaka who has no intent to spare anyone.

Dex-chan lover
@bk3k Skythewood finished TLing the first vol of the LN last month. He/they dropped it tho, cause according to them, the vol1 is pretty brilliant (and I agree), but it gets pretty generic after that.

I like the manga too, but this fight here just wasn't satisfying. In the LN it was great

Double-page supporter
@RandomDoge
Thanks for telling the group name. I found it. Somehow they aren't listed on Novel Updates for this series. I don't know what's up with that.
But as mentioned the R18 version is being actively translated now in any case.

Fed-Kun's army
@bakauguu that's the problem. It's literally impossible to rush attacks while changing weapons, the act of changing weapon itself is a beach on one's guard, he has to grab the weapon floating around and attack. No matter how good his skill is that's a brief stop in his offensive.

True, but MC didn't really try to attack or counter. And I guess you you could say the other one wasn't that smart to realize or maybe because he 'overwhelmed' him thinking by the time he stands up or whatever he has a new weapon. Also I think he used magic, which he just casted while grabbing a new weapon. Didn't have to change it right after one attack but had up to 3+magic. Waiting for the right moment to switch as soon as possible after the first attack with it.

Supporter
Ah, that makes sense. I figured it had to be some skill that could take [Plunder] but somehow, not be [Plunder]. [Copycat] is a great skill to have in a team, too bad he wanted to be an edge-lord.

Users who are viewing this thread