Hitoribocchi no ○○ Seikatsu - Vol. 7 Ch. 77

Dex-chan lover
@Mikhail Because yuri fans, as usual, think that their girls can only become lesbians if there are no guys around. The fact that this manga is too innocent for romance at all and doesn't interfere with their ships does n't bother them. I wouldn’t refuse this either, and it seems that twitter feedback was positive, but if the author wants to maintain the status quo, I’ll still be fine.

@meganeftw Unfortunately for Aru, the author is too attentive to details :D Well, I noticed that the author began to add new friends too quickly even without guys, so I hope that he will not be in a hurry by the end of the manga.

Dex-chan lover
@SuperOniichan I suppose I can understand. I guess for somebody who likes romcoms it's like a NTRbait character being introduced to stir up drama.
But at the same time, this was never meant to be romance either way.

Dex-chan lover
@Mikhail I agree. Part of the audience may also be worried about this because they consider the girls their innocent waifus, but I doubt that this is the case for a western audience. In any case, this is shonen CGDCT, so worrying about the ships is really needlessly here, I think.

Double-page supporter
And boom - just like that, Katsuwo dealt with the problem of all of the boys in the class.

Well done, I say. Now we can go back to an exclusive focus on cute girls doing cute things.

Double-page supporter
So, in page 7 Sutou Reito said "the popular Hitori san". Does this imply that Bocchi is somewhat popular with the boys or he said it because she has a lot of friends?

Dex-chan lover
@Sakuratea It's just implying she's popular in general because she has a lot of friends. Even guys would notice if you managed to make friends with almost all the girls in a class.

This girl had the best response to Bocchi's fainting! <3 Perfect because it fits the character and the situation so seamlessly.

I love that the guys were befriended all in one go. This way the ship-train can just stay in the let-them-be-kids-first station smoothly - just like between the girls. I'd hate for this manga to turn to romance (although the relationship introduced in this chapter is very cute :'3). A part of why I love Bocchi is because it's very much about friendship~ ^^
- I also like it because guys often hang out in bigger friend-groups than girls at this age, so it even makes sense that they're all buddies :D
- And these boys all seem nice, too

Thank you for scanlations as always! ^^

Dex-chan lover
@Dragoniitti I’m not sure that I understood your comment quite correctly, but I think that is what the author was thinking about. At least Colors give just the same feeling and atmosphere. As far as I remember, Katsuwo also has one adult working work, and in that case, teasing and gender balance are much more noticeable.

Dex-chan lover
@meganeftw So from left to right we got: Tokui Banto, Sunao Nako, Ojousa Mayo, Sotoka Rakita, Houmu ran, Tamato Ruihito, Futago Nosaki, Futago Notsugi, Minagawa Rau, Kyou Fujiyoshi, Hitori Bocchi, Yamada Hanako, Otokoga Raku, Omoi Kakeru, Kinshi Sugiya, Inakana Mari, ???, Onaka Peko, Honshou Aru, Souda Genki, Ikena Iko, Kurie Ito, Himeji Yanai, Kurai Kako, Male Teacher 1, Male Teacher 2, Oshie Teruyo, Kawai Ino, ???, Ooichi Shiki, Suto Reito, Futou Kou.

The shaved heads guys are hard to differentiate so I kinda just guessed.

Contributor
Oh, Katsuo remembered that there are boys again

EDIT: Aaaand he cheaply just swept them all together. That's, hm, honestly really really lame.

Group Leader
For reference, Suto Reito does refer to "straight", but in the context of baseball. A ストレート is one of the Japanese terms for a four-seam fastball thrown by a pitcher.

Double-page supporter
Sports?! The only real sport is knife-jumping.

Double-page supporter
Well, that was just poor storytelling, a real cheap way to get out what could have been one of the more interesting parts of the manga.

Dex-chan lover
hilarious amount of salt in the comments here. this manga is essentially cute girls doing cute things, you should have expected something like this ya know?

Dex-chan lover
So they finally introduced the boys.
I really though that Kyou Fujiyoshi guy is going to be Bocchi's final friend
and potential love interest

Funny that the first boy that they introduced was named "Straight"
/u/fags on suicide watch

Users who are viewing this thread