Hoist the Colors Poll: Dark Themes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Instrumentality Instigator
Staff
Super Moderator
Hello, all.

Firstly, I'd like to deeply apologize for the extreme delay of this poll for the contest created earlier this year. I won't make any excuses, but I ask for your understanding. Life in general became extremely busy and a little rough.

As recompense, I will be increasing the Amazon gift card prizes by $10. As no one else was responsible for the delay, I cannot ask the other prize contributors to up their offerings.

Due to the overwhelming number of responses, part of the delay was due to trying to figure out how best to create the poll to be as fair and unbiased as possible. Big shoutout to @ZuuIk for assistance with data entry and organization.

There will be two stages: this poll will whittle the Dark entry pool down to 13 entries. An additional poll will feature our finalists.

This is stage one for all dark theme entries. Go to this Tally Poll and follow all instructions:

MangaDex Dark Theme Vote

We ask for your MD username to prevent botting. Be warned: if staff catches any hint of botting at any point during voting, all polls for both themes will be closed and it will come down to a staff vote.

Good luck to everyone who submitted entries! Voting will be open until December 10th, 2023 at 12:00 AM Eastern Standard Time.

Group Leader
The "Vegedex by albirew" theme seems to be missing a sample image.
And "blue slate by corrup_ted" is missing an image as well.
And "Neon colors by Lanette".

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I hate to be the arbiter of fun here, but the animal crossing one making it in was kind of a mistake, because as funny as it was getting flashbanged by a meme submission, meme/troll submissions win polls pretty much 100 percent of the time. Feel kind of bad for the other serious submissions there. Less of an issue with the submission as the others getting kind of screwed out of an honest vote.

Instrumentality Instigator
Staff
Super Moderator
The "Vegedex by albirew" theme seems to be missing a sample image.
And "blue slate by corrup_ted" is missing an image as well.
And "Neon colors by Lanette".
Image link for Vegedex is dead.
Looks like blue slate's URL is not valid.
Image link for Neon colors is dead as well.

Glad I got on the poll, caption for it is missing though

Glad there are so many other green enjoyers who made themes!

Last edited:
Double-page supporter
if it's taking that long you're overthinking it
Nah. It also takes that long when I'm searching for a theme for my terminal emulator. After finding the right one I then "tune" it.... which takes even longer. By not taking your time, you might overlook small things that really hurt your eyes in the long run, like overly bright font or harsh contrast.

Dex-chan lover
Good luck, have fun folks,
This will be a huge blood bath
Once entries are culled.

Thanks for making new images for my theme. The old ones expired too quickly and the thread had been closed by the time I realized and made new ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread