Hokkaido Gals Are Super Adorable! - Vol. 5 Ch. 38

Dex-chan lover
@leopardalos Not necessarily. If a friend told me they were interested in the same person I was interested in, I would be upfront and honest with them. There is no "dibs" on people. You also don't know how the person you're interested in feels. They may like your friend. If that's the case you take your loss and be happy for them if they get together.

Group Leader
Let's face it, Fuyuki is being an asshole by avoiding Shiki. That's not something you do to your good friend. She's also being a fucking moron by deciding that Shiki and What's-her-Name should be a couple, as if Shiki doesn't even have a fucking say in the matter. Yeah, yeah, she's a teenage girl who supposedly hasn't figured out her own feelings yet (though she certainly seemed pretty clear about it just before leaving for South Korea), but so fucking what? Don't avoid him just because some bitch is going to confess to him. This is so fucking stupid.

Dex-chan lover
@FredFriendly it's not her fault she was written this way. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely agree with you, but the problem is the author.

Nothing makes logical sense or is realistic, and it started with them not exchanging messages while she was in South Korea. Previous chapters implied they were exchanging messages practically everyday. Now, ever since she told him she was going to South Korea for a couple of weeks, suddenly it's as if the manga is set in the 80s, where making a trip like that was stupid far with little to no means of communication.

The author is trying to fabricate drama in such a bad way that it's actually incredible how he managed to do it.

Double-page supporter
@emMeBi86 I think the author set it up as a mystery on whether or not she really likes him. She seems more into the "traditional Japanese" part of him, and not thinking of him in particular as a romantic interest. She may come to like him more down the road, but I don't think that will ever fruition into anything. The way the story is going, the only possible contenders are Sayuri and Fuyuki, and it's pretty fucking obvious that it ain't gonna work out with Sayuri. Everyone is more or less just here waiting until Fuyuki and Tsubasa finally realize and accept their feelings and start going out.

Dex-chan lover
If they feel more distant after two weeks, imagine how far apart they feel after quarantine.

yofZ6Ac_d.webp
guess how long it took me to make that into a screenshot from the moment the page loaded
about 10 sec

@Graywing Well yes, dibs kinda works, at least in my age and social group did work at uni, if u were interested you took a brave pill and declared it to your 3-4 retard friends. You got the benefit of dibs and the downside of constant harassing and trolling xd. But ye you've got a point, if your target liked your mate and u became aware of it, what sort of bastard wouldnt back off. But that's with males, i don't know what's up with girls.

Gah, Fuyuki is playing that "I'll support you from the sidelines and won't interfere with you" card.

Either way, intrigued to know what will happen soon.

Dex-chan lover
I remember that one guy in the comments a couple chapters back calling this personality change In Fuyuki

Damn

Dex-chan lover
Author sucks at writing a good love story. But at least the body proportions are drawn pretty decent this chapter, so that's an improvement. Sucks that it's at the expense of a good story though, and sucks even more to see a defeated female love interest showing interest again, which is without a doubt a mega bait.

Users who are viewing this thread