Hokkaido Gals are Super Adorable! - Vol. 5 Ch. 44.2

Oh man! Why you use such a painful reason for him. And I don’t know that the girls will sad for him or for he leave.

Fed-Kun's army
Sounds like the perfect excuse to finish the manga if it was cancelled

Dex-chan lover
@hiddentheory Well, with the 'you' I was meaning more a theoretical dude in the conundrum of celibacy with sex, but more power to you. The last one I heard about mothered a weird fractal god zombie we then killed, so who knows?

Dex-chan lover
I'm going to wish for a Tokyo arc, where our lovely gyarus follow Shiki and go on a trip

@darkmatter923

To be fair, you can't expect a story to be long if it didn't have some drama in it. Sure, some do, but eventually drama needs to happen.

Let best girl win or riot

Blondes always win we need something unique!

Aggregator gang
"Oh no, not the same trope again!"

The thiing is, it's not quite the same. What is happening is a mirror to what happened earlier.

First, Minami reveals that she's going abroad. Tsubasa thinks "Oh no, I'm going to lose my precious friend for a long time!" which seems to make him consider just how precious she is. He finds that the answer is "very".

Then she reveals that she's only going away for a few weeks. The relief is palpable.

Now, Tsubasa is returning unexpectedly to Tokyo, just as Minami has had to start thinking about what she really feels about him. This puts her in more or less the same situation she put him, with the added "bonus" that we don't even know if he's coming back.

If the author only wanted to drag out the story and block progress, there are many ways to do that, but they deliberately opted for interruptions that mirrored each other.

This is more than just a way to extend the story. It's a way to put pressure on the characters and make them reevaluate their feelings, and I personally quite like the symmetry.

Dex-chan lover
Blargh. Author-san is made out of 100% assholes.

Does anyone know if this has a definite end? Or is this some Rental Girlfriend level bullshit all over again? Even breaking out the overused dying (grand)parent crap.

Dex-chan lover
Moving trope then the sick parent trope author-san has to pad the run time somehow

Users who are viewing this thread