Hokkaidou no Geneki Hunter ga Isekai ni Hourikoma Rete Mita - Vol. 1 Ch. 1.2

Dex-chan lover
I'm about convinced that he actually has a rifle since bb shot size is only effective out to 400 meters....
Like... my 30-06 Springfield has an effective range of 1000 yards on iron sights, and 300 meter targets was the norm while I was in the army.
And furthermore, shotgun rounds tend to lose their effectiveness rather quickly with distance.

That being said, I know he's got a shotgun but someones 800 meter comment got me a bit bugged so I had to think on it and come to that moment.
I'm not gonna let that technicality stop me from enjoying a nice little hunting manga.

Dex-chan lover
@welcome2atlantis MC had "unloaded" it all against the wolves before keeling over, so yea, no remaining danger for the chief. XD

(Luckily chief seems to have been cautious with the gun well, else he could have damaged it.)

Dex-chan lover
So he's firing slugs? I'm not sure I would use a scope even then but it makes more sense now.

@Seiryu Exactly. There would be camping and cold weather gear sections as well.

Dex-chan lover
Thicc Erofu waifu? I hope the MC will appreciate it! A goddess loli? From the USA? kek

Fed-Kun's army
I'm calling it, salt's gonna be worth more than gold in that town --> MonyMony --> Ammo

@Drifter last chapter he was firing shells. I honestly have no idea what the author is doing. You shouldn’t even be using the same gun for shells and slugs, since shells should have a smoothbored barrel and slugs should have a rifled barrel.

Dex-chan lover
@Hashire-Sori-Yo

The copper sabot slugs that he mentions in this chapter, just like all slug, are still in a shell. All shotguns rounds use shells. Did you think slugs were fired just like what, a rifle round or something?

Shot is the alternative to Slugs, not shells, both come in shells. He’s only ever used Slugs.

@ GambierBay Again, he’s only used slugs, not shot. It’s very common for hunters to use 3-9x scopes at the 2-300 meter range good slugs in a rifled shotgun can hit. Yes, skilled military or pro target shooters can easily iron sight up to 1200 with good conditions, but most people would use a scope.

@Ultenth
image0.png

Dex-chan lover
@Hashire-Sori-Yo Good catch.

Definitely would have used slugs vs. the bear previously though (shot wouldn't do much of anything against one but piss it off), and bought sabot's in this chapter. So he's definitely set up for slugs, but I guess he did buy shot for the wolves, which was probably the right choice for them. You can shoot shot out of a rifled barrel, it's really inaccurate, but at the range he fought them at it wouldn't have made a difference in groupings. It's definitely better to use smooth for shot, but if you're under 30y you'll still take down most humans or smaller animals with even the bad spread.

@ theguywithoutanyname

"Considering this dude is what, 67" What? his drawn like a little boy.

Tall elf waifu with the right curves... Definitely a cultured man's dreams. Tall women are underrated.

Users who are viewing this thread