Hokuo Kizoku to Moukinzuma no Yukiguni Karigurashi - Vol. 5 Ch. 41

Dex-chan lover
@EzraCalub, I disagree. Just because she's becoming more physically feminine does it mean she's less of the soldier she had once been. Her story revolves around her having taking the plunge to move forward from her original and long life as a soldier, moving forward into the next part of her life that is, at least, symbolized by her growing hair (to contrast with the pragmatic short hair of her soldier days).

While I agree that it can sometimes be curious when they try to feminize a female character just for the sake of it in other stories, we got to take into account the context here.

Furthermore, we shouldn't enforce the trope that tomboys got to stay looking like tomboys just to keep to the stereotype or our preferences. I've known plenty of tomboys who can still kick butt and still enjoy being in a dress or even switch back to 'masculine' attire.

I love this couple so much.

Also I think Seigs transition to more fem look is nice. Shes no longer a soilder and tbh shes not being sexualized. Shes still perfectly covered up and the things she can do are still there. its not like the fact that she was a soilder will dissapear and she will become a damsel in distress.

also lets be honest here, the real eye candy is Ritz, 😫😭💜💜💜 Hes so beautiful.

Anywho im enjoying this manga so much.
So peaceful and calm.

I would deff call it an Iyashikei manga.

Thank you so much!! This manga is so healing and nice - I love it as a little break from the world.

Dex-chan lover
@Darkshade13 Nobody's the same in active service and as a civilian, let alone an officer. In a certain sense the Sieg were are seeing now is the real Sieg, removed from the customs and expected ways of behavior that the military forces upon those in service. She still follows some of those habits, but it's voluntarily.

@Liar Of course she's less of a soldier now. Because she isn't a soldier anymore.

Most guys allow their hair to grow longer after leaving the military. I don't see why a woman wouldn't.

Dex-chan lover
9 brothers?! Bro say what you want Ritz but as soon as you walk through that door youre gonna get the absolute shit beat out of you unless you pull off some miracle

Dex-chan lover
The time period confuses me so much. Jaegermeister was first produced in 1934, so it has to be after then; but Sieg also used a blunderbuss in one of the earlier chapters--which, what in the fuck. Where did she get that? Who kept a blunderbuss around? Why was she using it to hunt rabbits?

I thought Ritz's gun was also weird since it had an octagonal barrel, but apparently Winchesters were popular with the Finnish and they made their octagonal barrels up through 1937.

Also there are few signs of modern technology, which I'm not super familiar with the spread of technology throughout Europe, but it just feels weird that you don't see any kind of modern implement. Obviously there are supply lines up and running since they have seemingly easy access to coffee and decent access to chocolate.

I'm very confused and I just don't know enough about the history of Finland to not be.

Dex-chan lover
The time period confuses me so much. Jaegermeister was first produced in 1934, so it has to be after then; but Sieg also used a blunderbuss in one of the earlier chapters--which, what in the fuck. Where did she get that? Who kept a blunderbuss around? Why was she using it to hunt rabbits?

I thought Ritz's gun was also weird since it had an octagonal barrel, but apparently Winchesters were popular with the Finnish and they made their octagonal barrels up through 1937.

Also there are few signs of modern technology, which I'm not super familiar with the spread of technology throughout Europe, but it just feels weird that you don't see any kind of modern implement. Obviously there are supply lines up and running since they have seemingly easy access to coffee and decent access to chocolate.

I'm very confused and I just don't know enough about the history of Finland to not be.
For the most part it seems to be alternate history around the mid-1800s. I think the inconsistencies like Jagermeister and mention of xylitol just come down to errors by the author, though you could also chalk it up to this not quite being the real world.

Users who are viewing this thread