Hokuo Kizoku to Moukinzuma no Yukiguni Karigurashi - Vol. 5 Ch. 50

Dex-chan lover
latest

Did somebody say Stollen?

Dex-chan lover
i just remembered i need to get an advent calendar, the kinder ones are baller af

Double-page supporter
Considering the approximate time period, wouldn't they be attending church service on Christmas, if they are practicing Christians?

@Greyvenn I don't think they are practicing Christians though?
Ritz is obliviously from a line of pagan Germanics who believe in some kind of folk deity (although he seems to not care that much about the pagan god) While Seig might be a Christian but she isn't a practicing one, possibly in an attempt at accepting the pagan culture of her husband.
Seig's family and Ritz's Grandfather probably are practicing Christians but we don't see enough of them to know for sure.

Double-page supporter
@edy4g Hmmm maybe so. Sieg definitely seemed pretty Cristian, what with calling Christmas "the birth of the Messiah, the son of god". Ritz is definitely not, but usually, when visiting relatives who follow a different religion you would go with the flow and attend service together(I've done so on numerous occasions). It seems likely there is no Christian church in RItz's hometown, so Sieg hasn't been for a while, but I'd imagine she would end up going with her family as per tradition.

That being said, we only saw the dinner party, so they might have gone in the morning. I just thought it was interesting that there was no mention of actual piety in this Christmas chapter, even though the author so far seems to want to make the manga feel "historically accurate" in regards to how people live day-to-day. From what I understand, religiosity would be the most important aspect of Christmas in the past, though the way it's covered here seems to focus more on a modern viewpoint (more a family event than a religious one, lots of Christmas-themed gimmicks). That being said, I don't have any context from the past, either, and this is an alternate universe. Nor am I Christian.

Dex-chan lover
@koshwin 'bimonthly' is such a crap word, because half the people who use it mean 'twice a month' and the other half mean 'every two months'.

Use 'semimonthly' and there's no ambiguity.

(For the other meaning, there's 'bimestrially' but don't use that. Almost nobody knows it means 'every two months'.)

Users who are viewing this thread