Honey Lemon Soda

This story really lives up to its title: artificial yet refreshingly sweet, and definitely could give you diabetes if consumed without moderation.

HLS is essentially a character-driven story. Both leads are great and definitely better than the regular shojo manga leads. The author utilized a lot of cliche and shoujo tropes, but managed to keep the whole thing fresh with deviations that are very in character. One thing that certainly stood out is how both leads character growth are handled. They matured greatly through out the course of the story. The way their relationship develop is, while surely filled dramatic moments at times (duh, it's a manga), really steady. The conflict doesn't drags out more than necessary and the way they resolves them are quite mature (they are pretty open about their feelings). They learn a lot from one another and actually push each other to be the best version of themselves. Truly one of my favourite pairing in the

One thing that rubs me the wrong way is how the author handled side characters. I mean, most of them does not get proper introduction, even tho they appear quite a lot through out the story. Because of that, I sometimes don't even know a character name for 10+ chapter and only finding out through a brief mention in the end of the arc or something. It could be very confusing, especially when the only thing you could use to tell them apart is their hairstyles.

On the other end of the spectrum, there exist characters who actually got introduced properly (and seems like an important character), but ended up rarely making small appearances here and there. So yeah, still a bit confused about this.

TL;DR HLS is certainly worth reading, especially if you are a fan of shoujo manga. It's sweet and refreshing, just like a honey lemon soda. 9/10.

ive been rereading this over and over again. until the next update. this is sooo pure

You can get raws here
https://tieba.baidu.com/f?kw=%E8%9C%82%E8%9C%9C%E6%9F%A0%E6%AA%AC%E7%A2%B3%E9%85%B8%E6%B0%B4&ie=utf-8&tab=main

I can understand why people wouldn't like this - too many typical shoujo tropes and a bit cliche at times.

However, the character development is really something worth seeing. I find myself reminiscing about high school because the characters act and think like high schoolers. It's not plain dumb and idiotic - just teens who still have that air of naivety and immatureness which is nice to see.

Great read and beautiful art as well!

raws
https://tieba.baidu.com/f?kw=%E8%9C%82%E8%9C%9C%E6%9F%A0%E6%AA%AC%E7%A2%B3%E9%85%B8%E6%B0%B4&ie=utf-8&tab=main

Was drawn in by the art but dropping this. Not sure if I'm getting older and my tastes are different but this was almost... Too cute for my tastes. Had no real story line.

Thank you for the uploads however!

Thank you so much for the raws!
I have been trying to buy the raws in amazonjp, but it seems impossible!!!

Please update more 😣
It's already 59 chapter in raw. 😯
I wish the release rate increase 😕
Do yourbest 👍
Fighting ✊

Penny nickel dime penny penny nickel dime penny nickel dine penny penny nickel quarter

This is nice, and probably, the ML can fill a lake with tears, but she's cute

I read the raws in https://tieba.baidu.com/f?kw=%E8%9C%82%E8%9C%9C%E6%9F%A0%E6%AA%AC%E7%A2%B3%E9%85%B8%E6%B0%B4&ie=utf-8&pn=0 and i think this is one of the few mangas who actually grow their hair LMAO, and please Uka looks so pretty in a long hair! And Kai on ch 59 is
now black haired! <3

Users who are viewing this thread