Honzuki no Gekokujou - My Condolences, Adolphine 2 (Doujinshi) - Oneshot

Dex-chan lover
Poor A-chan. Planned her whole life around becoming the next Duchess, only to be stuck with a sore excuse of a prince instead…

The prince neglecting her can be partly attributed to Rozemyne's shenanigan.

But she also got inspired by Rozemyne to, even as Giebe, build her own 'science city' (since Rozemyne made her city to become library city)

Dex-chan lover
The prince neglecting her can be partly attributed to Rozemyne's shenanigan.
What? How? I mean, it's true that it would be a different girl instead of her, if not for Rosemyne, but "neglecting" have nothing to do with Rosemyne. Prince is just that much of an overconfident asshole, and already have "woman that he loves". Without rosemyne, it would just be him neglecting a different girl in the same way.

Dex-chan lover
What? How? I mean, it's true that it would be a different girl instead of her, if not for Rosemyne, but "neglecting" have nothing to do with Rosemyne. Prince is just that much of an overconfident asshole, and already have "woman that he loves". Without rosemyne, it would just be him neglecting a different girl in the same way.

He maybe a self-centered ass but he's also proficient enough at the social game to not piss off one of your most powerful supporter by ditching a SCHEDULED dinner for no reason.

Which mean the dinner with other royals, the conversation topic being latest of Rozemyne's actions, was just that important.

Heck
his failure to honor his side of the deal was what led to Adolphine divorcing him and Drewanchel having a strong position to criticize his actions in Hannelore's 5th Year

Dex-chan lover
He maybe a self-centered ass but he's also proficient enough at the social game to not piss off one of your most powerful supporter by ditching a SCHEDULED dinner for no reason.

Which mean the dinner with other royals, the conversation topic being latest of Rozemyne's actions, was just that important.

Heck
his failure to honor his side of the deal was what led to Adolphine divorcing him and Drewanchel having a strong position to criticize his actions in Hannelore's 5th Year
Ah... if the "something most important" was the discussions of Rosemain case - fair enough.

That said, i still don't really agree with that. It was said clear as day, and multiple times at that, that she hates him exactly for him being "self-centered ass".

Him failing to honour his side of a deal was just an excuse to divorce that she was waiting for a long time, not an actual reason why she wants that divorce. She was like - "Yes, yes! Finally i have some leverage to end this!" :D

Dex-chan lover
Ah... if the "something most important" was the discussions of Rosemain case - fair enough.

That said, i still don't really agree with that. It was said clear as day, and multiple times at that, that she hates him exactly for him being "self-centered ass".

Him failing to honour his side of a deal was just an excuse to divorce that she was waiting for a long time, not an actual reason why she wants that divorce. She was like - "Yes, yes! Finally i have some leverage to end this!" :D

I didn't say anything about her feelings though?
She's willing to marry him for the benefit of her duchy regardless of her own personal feelings anyway.
While there's a lot of marriages with mutual feelings, there's also a fair amount of purely political ones.

Even if she used his failure to divorce him, that just goes to show how much nobles care about reputation that she still had to find the perfect excuse/circumstances to do it.
in particular the loss of authority of royals AND that there's a bigger authority figure in the room she's willing to ask about divorce option

Dex-chan lover
I didn't say anything about her feelings though?
She's willing to marry him for the benefit of her duchy regardless of her own personal feelings anyway.
While there's a lot of marriages with mutual feelings, there's also a fair amount of purely political ones.

Even if she used his failure to divorce him, that just goes to show how much nobles care about reputation that she still had to find the perfect excuse/circumstances to do it.
in particular the loss of authority of royals AND that there's a bigger authority figure in the room she's willing to ask about divorce option
Don't take me wrong, i completely agree with you on all of that. When she was engaged with him, he was like "Damn, i really don't want that, but that's just how it works. Politics isn't for me to decide, and i need to play my part, it's my duty".

I was only disagreed on your "The prince neglecting her can be partly attributed to Rozemyne's shenanigan", because i don't believe that him being busier can be attributed to neglect, or at the very least to her displeasure. She is trying very hard to help him, like a good wife do - would he just thank her for that, and she would be perfectly happy, if not happier since "what is she doing actually [matter] and [helps], when he is so overworked". But his stance was always "You are a woman, bird in gilded cage, nothing to do, but be beatiful. Ah, how envious!", "I'm prince, obviously everything that was done, was done by me and me alone, you are here to be pretty in some corner", "you are not important enough for me, a prince, report a change in schedule" etc etc THAT is what get her fuming, and this won't change even without Rosemyne.

Dex-chan lover
I was only disagreed on your "The prince neglecting her can be partly attributed to Rozemyne's shenanigan"~~~this won't change even without Rosemyne.

Umm, yes it would? As I said he's played the politic game enough to not just piss off one of his biggest supporter for no reason (he literally married Adolphine as 1st wife to get Drewanchel's support and move his actual lover to 2nd wife)

Meaning for things of lesser importance the royals wouldn't need to convene in such haste that make him mess his schedule like this.

When I said neglecting her I meant in this instance alone, not that he's always doing this to her.

Dex-chan lover
Umm, yes it would? As I said he's played the politic game enough to not just piss off one of his biggest supporter for no reason (he literally married Adolphine as 1st wife to get Drewanchel's support and move his actual lover to 2nd wife)

Meaning for things of lesser importance the royals wouldn't need to convene in such haste that make him mess his schedule like this.

When I said neglecting her I meant in this instance alone, not that he's always doing this to her.
Well, i disagree. Yes, he literally married Adolphine as 1st wife, but he didn't, as you said, "move" his actual lover to 2nd wife. She was originated from middle duchy, and due to fear of political instability, it was decided from the very start that she would be his 2nd wife, even when his 1st wife was still undecided.

Yes, he decided on Adolphine, but not because Drewanchel is his biggest supporter, but because he needed a 1st wife from the greater duchy, and Eglantine was no longer an option, due to arrangement with Anastasius. He chose her as "leftovers", aka "Drewanchel as in-laws will be good enough".

True, that political arrangement made Drewanchel one of his biggest supporters, obviously. But again, what do you mean by "piss off"? That's exactly the problem with him, he maintained a certain minimum, that he believes he own to his wife, and asking anything else will get from him stiffed smile and veiled noble ephemism "Stop annoying me, just sit down and be pretty". That will not piss off drewanchel, only an individual in question.

I'll repeat, NOTHING would change without Rosemyne. Even that particular scene, where he failed to arrive to dinner, Adolphine isn't angry just because he was too busy, but rather just surprised. She is angry, because he didn't deemed necessary to inform her about it. THAT is his neglect and disregard, and it is cemented in his character, since he believes that he is more important than everyone else. In his mind, he married her, Drewanchel got their connection to royalty and vice versa, and done with it.

You said that he is proficient enough in politics to not piss off his wife without a good reason? Wrong. Or else he wouldn't fail to inform recipement about cancelation of dinner. He just didn't deem it important enough, his self-centered ass interfere with his decision making in politics.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I'll repeat, NOTHING would change without Rosemyne. Even that particular scene, where he failed to arrive to dinner, Adolphine isn't angry just because he was too busy, but rather just surprised. She is angry, because he didn't deemed necessary to inform her about it. THAT is his neglect and disregard, and it is cemented in his character, since he believes that he is more important than everyone else. In his mind, he married her, Drewanchel got their connection to royalty and vice versa, and done with it.

You said that he is proficient enough in politics to not piss off his wife without a good reason? Wrong. Or else he wouldn't fail to inform recipement about cancelation of dinner. He just didn't deem it important enough, his self-centered ass interfere with his decision making in politics.

What else did you think the dinner with royals he mentioned was about if not what Rozemyne did that day?
What OTHER reason would he has to abandon a dinner he already accepted on his schedule?

And no, he's not so delusional that he think he can get away with everything, otherwise why would he
need to make up reasons to convince other duchies into supporting him trying to get Hannelore

THE AUTHOR already wrote into the story that he's competent at playing politics, so unless you want to disagree with her eh.

Dex-chan lover
What else did you think the dinner with royals he mentioned was about if not what Rozemyne did that day?
What OTHER reason would he has to abandon a dinner he already accepted on his schedule?
Should i repeat again - Adolphine isn't angry just because he was too busy, but rather just surprised. She is angry, because he didn't deemed necessary to inform her about it. THAT is his neglect and disregard, and it is cemented in his character, since he believes that he is more important than everyone else.

I wasn't arguing the reason why dinner was canceled.

And no, he's not so delusional that he think he can get away with everything, otherwise why would he
need to make up reasons to convince other duchies into supporting him trying to get Hannelore
That was long afterwards, where he lost his position as next zent, and obviously need to accomodate to changes. He could have get away with most things as a royal family, but not when he is just an aub of a greater duchy. Especially in his precarious position, where it's expected for his duchy to go down after a short ammount of time. He needs more than ever to reinforce his position, and who is better than a friend of goddess incarnate (and later goddess incarnate herself) for that?

THE AUTHOR already wrote into the story that he's competent at playing politics, so unless you want to disagree with her eh.
Hey, i'm not saying that he is not proficient in it. I'm saying that argument "He is proficient, so surely he wouldn't do it" is faulty. He knows his politics, but he completely oblivious about reaction of others. Before Rosemyne showed up and completely obliterated his common sense by being painfully blunt with him, he was absolutely sure that most of his decision was accepted by others normally and not "with bloodshot eyes while grinding their teeth". Again, i repeat that - he didn't see not informing about changes of plans as a problem, and he is painfully unaware how much his 1st wife learned to hate him. He thought that this was of no consequences whatsoever. It wasn't exactly "politic" that he was so proficient in, but interpersonal relation between political figures (Sigiswald and Adolphine), that will affect politics in the future, but he was too dumb to foresee that. He openly looked down on her, and didn't even realized that. In his mind, he was a good host for her.

Dex-chan lover
That was long afterwards, where he lost his position as next zent, and obviously need to accomodate to changes

no, he still acted like he's a royal BECAUSE this is still within the 1 year of ex-royals still being treated as one agreement

Part of his appeal to the public was literally about his status of (ex)royalty.

he didn't see not informing about changes of plans as a problem, and he is painfully unaware how much his 1st wife learned to hate him. He thought that this was of no consequences whatsoever. It wasn't exactly "politic" that he was so proficient in, but interpersonal relation between political figures (Sigiswald and Adolphine), that will affect politics in the future, but he was too dumb to foresee that. He openly looked down on her, and didn't even realized that. In his mind, he was a good host for her.

I'm pretty sure he's aware it's a problem, he just figured it's not as important as finding Grutrissheit.

Which to be fair even Adolphine would likely agree if she's told the details.
Except she wasn't/couldn't be told because she's not accept into their inner circle yet (note that she's not invited to that sudden royal family dinner)

And guess whose action made the royal family call for that sudden gathering.
So yeah, if not for Rozemyne's actions having such significance, I doubt the royal family would have such sudden gathering.

Unless you have examples of someone else being able to cause such reaction from them, then my original point stand.

I'm pretty sure he's aware it's a problem, he just figured it's not as important as finding Grutrissheit.
He isn't aware that he has a bad marriage with Adolphine, so he doesn't think there's a problem.
Until Ado's request for divorce, he thought his marriage with her was going swimmingly. That's Word of God from Fanbook 8 itself. In the p5v11 bonus SS, when Adolphine tried to return to the Drew dorm after she requested their divorce, he wanted to force her back with him to their villas, and when she accused him of attempting to "order her to the bridal bed" (r*pe) to keep their marriage (in the presence of her father no less), it's problematic he didn't deny it and just admonished her of bringing up private matters (again, in the presence of her father).

He (and the royal family) was already quite disrespectful of her and her duchy when she was still only a fiance candidate and later fiance. But Sigi's disrespect as a husband for her really began just shortly (a few days) before their Starbind, when he "asked" (informed, with no expectation of rebuttal) Ado to postpone bedroom activities for one year, when it was their obligation to begin with, and iirc, his child with his other wife was born previous fall, so he could have begun his bedroom duties by summer or so. The proper protocol here was to postpone that Starbind, but he pushed on it, so basically turned Ado into purely a year-long mana battery for the royals. Even her father who negotiated acquiescence for her acknowledged her situation. Even during that ADConf, she was practically in home arrest, when she should be socializing with him during their first ADConf.

This was just prior to the fiasco with Rozemyne. Doesn't help that afterwards he left organizing Roz's royal welcome to Ado, all for his ambitions, when it was the King who was adopting her first (thus the arrangement supposedly belonging to the First Queen). All these, he never recognized as disrespect towards his new wife, and to an extent, particularly pre-Starbind, her greater duchy.

no, he still acted like he's a royal BECAUSE this is still within the 1 year of ex-royals still being treated as one agreement
The ex-royal treatment was on the matter of duchy rank, not treatment of their persons. Any uplift in standing ran entirely on his reputation as former crown prince, which he was happy to bask in and exploit, even almost forcing the No.1 duchy to marry their daughter to him after Dreganhur's descent. He stopped being a prince by the ADConf prior to HY5 (or Eggy's inauguration but not sure), but social inertia seemed to keep his standing high. The bride-stealing ditter fiasco seem poised to deal with that.

In addition, about Sigi's political skills, [HY5] he is astute in influencing/sheparding positive opinions about himself, as hinted when Anastasius informed him about Roz's Y1 blessing and revealed in H5Y, but he's too entitled and arrogant to understand other parties and expects others to give in to him, even when they're from greater duchies, as I wrote above. This is a fatal flaw in his politics. The author already tweeted about having a headache when writing his POV SS for the new H5Y LN, haha.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
He isn't aware that he has a bad marriage with Adolphine, so he doesn't think there's a problem.

I didn't mean the bad marriage, but the abruptly changing his plan (especially without telling the other person) being against etiquette.

The ex-royal treatment was on the matter of duchy rank, not treatment of their persons.

but your duchy's rank affect how you're treated (see...pretty much year 1-3 of Ehrenfest) so whether it's on the duchy's rank or on the person it still means ex-royals still receive deference regardless

and yes I'm aware he's good with manipulating public opinion, that's kinda what I said already

Users who are viewing this thread