Honzuki no Gekokujou ~Shisho ni Naru Tame ni wa Shudan wo Erandeiraremasen~ Dai 1-bu 「Hon ga Nai nara Tsukureba Ii!」 - Vol. 2 Ch. 9 - Bring me to the…

It was a bit mean of her family to say she was a burden but they were just being honest. Her body is super weak… shell probably get way to sick even before she gets the thing done.

Ive read the translated novel chapters and been kind of following the manga but I've got to say the MC frustrates me to no end. For a girl that use to be an adult she is rather spoiled, willful and not understanding. It's perfectly fine for her to go after her book dream but it crosses a line when it causes trouble for the people around her. Sure she does help with the little innovations she creates using her modern knowledge but I can't seem to forgive her attitude. I'm all up for her dream but she doesn't understand the limits of what she can and should do.

Double-page supporter
@Lili49545
Well yes, she is annoying at first. Especially when her work get destroyed like her clay tablet and the bamboo. I think the past Myne and Urano's mind makes her altitude now.

Now she is learning how to not annoys the others and trying to overcome her sickness so that she can reach her dream.

@Lili49545 But she's way better in late chapter don't you think? She's less selfish now(not as this chapter but now in most recent chapter) even she's a bit ignorant still but it's not like there isn't character development.

Dex-chan lover
@Lili49545 Can honestly relate to her being stubborn about it. It's like when you suddenly get stuck with a miserable PC after being used to your gaming one. You know it can't handle the games, but you still try and install it and dream it can run it on the lowest settings, but nope. It's worse when it teases you by running a bit at first before failing.
It's a different story if she's still this stubborn about it much later in the story though. I mean, where's the character development at?

@Lili49545 - I think it's better to interpret her character as "a child with memories of being an adult" rather than "an adult trapped in a child's body".

Dex-chan lover
We should maybe remember that as an adult, she was kind of reclusive. There are a lot of things she knows that people here do not, but how to socialize, rely on others and be supportive to others in turn, is something she's learning for the first time now (and is probably something they're better at in this society than in modern Japan).

Fed-Kun's army
BRUH. Ok, this series has been running so long, can someone spoil me when our flufboof becomes an 'empress' (get any enjoyable life)?

She works so hard, but, it doesn't seem she is making any progress to be able afford good materials run, run any shop, or get a 'good' contract.
This journey is just breaking my heart. The only good thing about the series up to this point is how nice and caring the parents are.

Dex-chan lover
@Verrone it looks that way, you'll either have to wait or look on other sites.

I swear she thinks she is acting like a kid on purpose. I think this is one of few stories that portrays a character better albeit a bit annoying at times. Just because a person gains their memories of their past life doesn't mean that their brain chemistry would change to match the old body. she would still have a newpersonality and other things. While her old self is more dominant, she still isn't able to control her child like emotions and actions

@RhoninFire
It does make me feel better to think of her as a child with adult memories. I couldnt help but complain when I read about her because I could empathize with her surroundings. Growing up I was rather poor and I quickly learned to be grateful for what you have and not be as willfull. I always thought that if I was a bit more mature and could understand my family situation I could've been less of a burden. I was also a sickly kid, I would be in the hospital every month or so because of high fevers. I was living in China at the time so it was expensive. Anyways the MC had a lot of points that reminded me of myself so I couldn't help but be frustrated by her.

Honestly I do think the author captured the qualities of a kid quite nicely. A lot of the time isekai stories have a kid acting super mature but little things like muscle memory or how brain developments affect our actions are never considered. A childs brain and control centres are all out of whack because they are still forming those skills and the author does a good job at portraying a child's growth. Of course I still don't exactly like the MC but I do agree she has gotten a lot better.

@SweatyBrie

Part 5 spoilers!!!!
At the end of part 5, she becomes Rosemyne Aub Alexandria (the lord of Alexandria - yeah you can guess where that name came from). And because of the last incident, the Chent (King) was forced to offer their name (enforced by magic), effectively making her the shadow ruler of Jürgenschmidt. She becomes engaged to a certain someone (not Lutz - sorry that ship is not gonna sail. He is engaged to someone else...) and makes Alexandria a library city of her dreams. And since they are not in Ehrenfest anymore, she becomes reunited with her real family (um... yeah they get separated at the end of part 2). She is 13 by the end of the story.

@dakaringer
I almost quit the manga and novel when I found out the ship wasn't gonna ship. I stopped reading for a long time so I could process the fact that my ship not only caught suck but was also crushed into pieces.

@Redice

I got frustrated because I could empathize with her new situation a little to much. It reminded me of my childhood a bit too much and to see her act spoiled made me mad.

Though I do agree she is growing up and it's nice seeing the character develop. I honestly would've quit the story a long time ago if I didn't think the author was doing a great job at making the MC actually seem like a kid. Her brain is still forming so her ability to control herself is poor. The way the MC is acting is a good reflection of what it's like to be trapped in a small body and having to grow up again

@namgangs
It is nice seeing her grow. She has changed slightly and has become slightly more reasonable. I couldn't help complain because she is still pretty willful and unreasonable during this part of the story. I know she'll grown up but it still annoys me seeing act the way she does.

@mase_aga

I love seeing her conqueror dream and develop books but I couldn't help but get mad. The fact that she was somewhat of adult on the inside but she still acted so damn willful made me mad. Her memories of being adult previously made be judge her a bit harsher than other characters. If it was simply a kid acting the way she does I probably wouldn't have batted an eye because they don't know any better.

Anyways I'm not gonna apologize for my rant because I still think she could be more conscious of her actions but it's nice to see her grow. The author does a good at capturing what it'll probably be like to be trapped in a kids body.

Contributor
@Lili49545
You should add a spoiler tag to your comment about
ships, because there is only one ship people care about this early in the story so it's pretty obvious what your implying.

@Nighthawlc
Right, I always forget. Sorry if I spoiled it for some people.
I didn't mean to sink peoples ship without their consent. I kinda forgot that it was considered a spoiler while I was writing the comment. I just fixed it and hopefully there should be no more victims. Thank you for reminding me!

Users who are viewing this thread