Honzuki no Gekokujou ~Shisho ni Naru Tame ni wa Shudan wo Erandeiraremasen~ Dai 1-bu 「Hon ga Nai nara Tsukureba Ii!」 - Vol. 6 Ch. 29 - Vested Interes…

Dex-chan lover
so if somebody would just accidentally created paper somewhere he would just die because theres invisible magic bullshit copyright on it ? lmfaoo

@Longherin did you really forget about magic contracts after they kept talking about that shit forl ike 2 chapters

@Kampfarsch
Sure, she can be the target of a magical contract that allows her royalties from her product, but...I don't see how Myne/Maine is protected from torture before a contract is written.
As a bad actor, I can just lure her into my shop with the promise of making a contract and then...y'know, not make that contract. Abduct the girl, send her to the next town over, have her tortured until she talks or dies.

Best case scenario I get more stuff to sell.
Worst case scenario I lose one competitor.

(Also, to the best of my memory in regards to the translated webnovel: the magic contract is only active within the walls of a city, so someone one city over would be able to make paper without the risk of keeling over.)

@Kampfarsch
...Yeah, and? If I, as the bad actor, lies about the contract and dangle the sweetest possible deal in front of someone like Myne who probably will *never* get royal access, who's she going to go to? It's her word against mine, and I have more economic pull than she does. Again, Myne getting nothing is a lot more problematic for her than me getting nothing. I still have a business, still have my deals, still have a profit. She has...what, six months to live? Tops?

Like...the fact that Myne met Benno, who actively moves in their mutual benefit, is already an incredible benefit for her. She's not really in a position to also ask for benefits on top of that.

Contributor
6 small gold coins... she could have told her family the process and have them make money like this forever or could probably sold that even for 30 large gold coins...

Users who are viewing this thread