Honzuki no Gekokujou ~Shisho ni Naru Tame ni wa Shudan wo Erandeiraremasen~ Dai 1-bu 「Hon ga Nai nara Tsukureba Ii!」 - Vol. 7 Ch. 30 - A Contract wit…

Man this is really heavy. They're all really mature of their age but then again this was kinda like the medieval era where ur basically an adult when ur young

Contributor
@Xeli Truer than you think. In fact, kids used to hold quite a few responsibilities til fairly recently in history (mainly due to child labor/abuse acts) , and in some parts of the world, they still do, particularly in more impoverished regions where quite literally, every hand is needed to help the family survive.

Aggregator gang
so at a guess it seems like consuming only affects commoners because they dont know how to use magic so cant naturally get rid of the excess while nobles know how but want commoners who have magic to join their families to help offset inbreeding and genetic colapse

Aggregator gang
>Sign of just how much Freida actually cares about Maïne
This chapter really gives whiplash with how it goes from cute to sad to cute like that.

Dex-chan lover
I read somewhere that Lutz and Maine
aren't end game
so that's kinda.... Hits in the feels. I guess I'll take what I can get
before the ship goes under
Many thanks

@derkommissar Yes, yes it is!😆😂🤣
Especially, the thing with Lutz in that pose, moving towards Myne while hopping on one leg is.....the most hilarious (well, imagining it while reading the LN, anyways!)
No wonder she ended up in a ROFL!🤣

Dex-chan lover
@Syanalassa
It's because Consuming is random.
Whereas for nobles they're born with magic power heavily influenced by their parents (mostly the power level of the mother, and the 'colors' of the parents)

And nobles don't teach magic to commoners not because they're trying to monopolize it, but because it's frankly inefficient to do so.
Most consumings who survive until baptism doesn't have magic power strong enough to even compare to lowest ranking nobles, and if they've survived this long they're unlikely to die afterward.
The ones that might get strong enough die early (see ch 1)
It's EXPENSIVE to get one kid through the school.
Heck even among nobles some can't afford to send their kids to school and has to send them off to the temple.

That said, in-series there's examples of nobles adopting someone with strong magic power into higher ranking house in order to foster the kid's talent.

But because when trying to conceive a child, harmony in magic power of both parties is CRUCIAL, which is why nobles rarely have marriage across hierarchy (cross-border for people on the same level, sure)
(This is also one of the reasons why LutzxMyne is not happening, her magic power is so great it's practically a duty for her to have an heir and Lutz being a commoner with no magic power means that ain't happening)
(Btw her eventual husband have 'perfect' harmony with her *cough*)

@unime : iirc
The manga hint at official ship in next chapter.
(see the other spoiler on why even in universe LutzxMyne is not happening)

It's like, in the novel the scene wasn't even there.
In the manga, HAVE AT IT YOU NOVEL READERS

Double-page supporter
Only I have the impression that the more history goes on, the more tragic will it become?
Throughout the chapter I could not help but perceive the anguish of time passing.

Dex-chan lover
It's actually quite strange after all the time even the wealthy merchants haven't found out the secret about magic. In RL there were always impoverished nobles around, ready to sell all kinds of secrets or rights to those with enough money. After all, although being born in a noble family did grant things that couldn't be bought with money, it doesn't change the fact money is still needed to live and especially to live lavishly. However, simply being born a noble didn't automatically mean a lot of income. There were all kinds of nobles and all kinds of circumstances. Many nobles couldn't handle their finances or war or other catastrophes robbed them of their land and wealth. Thus wealthy "commoner" merchants, who could handle their finances splendidly, were able to buy their way into noble lineages by making a deal with one of the fallen noble houses. However, it looks like in the world of this work the nobles have been able to keep their secrets with 100% efficiency.

To be honest I feel like Main has suffered long enough. This is already chapter 30 and she hasn't got a single clue or hint, let alone started working toward gaining control over her mana. Instead she's giving up. If this series wasn't otherwise so good, I feel like I'd have started hating this a while ago already. In fact I'm kind of displeased by how she's unable to apply previous life knowledge in some specific ways yet is superbly able to apply it in others. She's like one of those boring people with no imagination whatsoever but who can do just fine anything that doesn't require any imagination. That is, people who couldn't invent anything new to save their life, yet can recreate old inventions just fine. Totally unable to think outside the box.

Fed-Kun's army
Is there any sort of magic or spirit interaction during the Baptism or is it just a normal ceremony? If there's some kind of fantastical aspect to it, maybe she could get some clues about the Consuming.

Group Leader
If anyone's worried for the pacing... part 1 is almost over and part 2 will have a lot more going on.

And wait till you learn more about noble society and how magic works before raging about stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread