Honzuki no Gekokujou ~Shisho ni Naru Tame ni wa Shudan wo Erandeiraremasen~ Dai 1-bu 「Hon ga Nai nara Tsukureba Ii!」 - Vol. 7 Ch. 30 - A Contract wit…

Dex-chan lover
I love how exasperated she makes Benno
"But I haven't even done anything yet !"

Dex-chan lover
Frida's ploy to get Myne away from Lutz seems like an especally dick move when they get into the carriage and there's space next to Frida anyway. I know, nobles and status and all that, but with how close they're supposed to be, I figure Myne could probably coax Frida into letting her sit next to her, and have Turi+Lutz use the other bench.

@Salfaro In the LN, I believe it was said that her servant sat next to her, so there actually wasn't room?

Fed-Kun's army
@icarushector
in the next few chapters the new avenue with pop up rather unexpectedly and then later the plant thing comes back. FYI this is knowledge from the novel translation which has now stopped because jnovel is doing the English one now.

The arc is here!

Also where can I read the wn online? I got to about chapter 95 on some tumblr a while back but they stopped.

Contributor
@Karkeys
Click on the NovelUpdates link on the main page of this series.
The translator that used tumblr actually got to WN096.
Also, be aware that the translations after WN103 are bad. Not only are they bad they also split up chapters into multiple pieces and then name them incorrectly e.g. their "chapter 125" is actually "chapter 112 part 1".
Frankly I'd recommend not reading beyond WN103. WN103 corresponds to the end of LN volume 4 so I'd say read the WN until the end of WN103 then wait until January for JNC to release volume 5.

Fed-Kun's army
@icarushector official translations are usually well done, but tend to change things to a more western perspective then you would usually like, or change story elements that don't impact the story in a large way but do add flavor. One of the more recent ones I am aware of is maid dragon anime, kobayashi said but i'm a girl in the japanese version and in the translated I believe she said 'but i'm not gay/but im straight' its a small change, but it colors every interaction differently after it. things like this fill translations from anime to novels, and also, because japanese has a huge bias for context, situationally the context of what you say can change, in the interest of wider audience they will always pick the tamer way things can be translated.

things like this are what you always have to watch out for, but if you can live with it, official translations are rarely worse then fan ones, if I remember right the only one I can think of is the first 3 volumes of FMA had a wrong name used

Dex-chan lover
@mahtan :
Just having magic power alone isn't enough, you need enough magic power + the right materials to do it.

And while you might think she's some kind of OP Mary Sue who can do it if she tries, no she can't.
Just about everything in this series has actual cause and effect that you can trace back to earlier events.

Myne doesn't randomly get her massive magic power because she's some kind of special chosen one. (being reincarnated is a factor, but not in the way you might think)
EVERYTHING that made her so powerful later on can be replicated to a certain degree by others.

Hell, she literally teach (for a fee) a lesson in how to increase mana pool later on in the series.

Fed-Kun's army
That final sentence did the father in. He looks as if the world is ending.

Dex-chan lover
@ WhimsiCat

I would agree with you if only the story didn't made sure that the reader knows that the people from that world know nothing about magic and there is no way to know if the limitations they set to themselves in the story are real or just the people not understanding the magic system and never bothering to learn about it.
I never said it was sure that she would be able to do it but using anything a character says to justify why it is not possible is flawed because the characters in the series that should know about magic knows nothing about it and are trapped in what they already know to even try and refine the knowledge.
The "cause and effect" you talk about has not presented itself yet and so far the story is just in the way it is now because of how passive and, at times, moronic the MC is.

Fed-Kun's army
@icarushector I like them the fan one I read was pretty good but I love the story so much that I got really into both the novel and the manga so I might be a bit biased.

Fed-Kun's army
So, how much further until Myne can
figure out how to use magic herself? Or at least that's what someone said to me some chapters ago.

I believe two more chapters, three if they want to take it slow. She doesn't figure out how to really use it, merely just release it.

Dex-chan lover
@Ringz
Depends on your definition of magic.

She does get to use her magic to activate artifacts during arc 2 including the water goddess staff used to heal a land devastated be a grown trombe.
And she also get to use a few other magic tools and go on a few fantastical adventures in search for ingredients for a cure an ailment that's a side effect of Consuming.

But in term of in-series 'actual' magic, she doesn't get to do that until school arc because of an all-important Staff is obtained there

So... a loooooong time to og.

@Insanmslm
Outside of the specific few she taught early on (a certain knight in love was the start of it all), the rest (basically anyone she didn't proactively taught) had to pay, her family included.

That's why I said 'for a fee' (i.e. they pay), not 'for free'.

The contract was to ensure they don't spread the method outside, otherwise one person can just spread it around ruining her chance to PROFIT
(Benno would be proud)
Though I don't remember if it was Myne herself who mentioned it or one of the members of her guardians.

@mahtan: No space between the @ and the name otherwise it won't ping.
>The "cause and effect" you talk about has not presented itself yet and so far the story is just in the way it is now because of how passive and, at times, moronic the MC is.

Maybe you're just not paying attention because you're too passive and, at times, moronic?
Just trace back how'd Myne ends up here.

In the beginning, all she wanted was books.
She tried to make 'books' but failed and was about to just die.
Then Lutz appeared, and by deciding to help him achieve his goal she both gained the drive to live longer and start getting into merchant trade.
But that alone wasn't enough, it's because she did the calculation for Otto before and her usage of the shampoo that he was able to convince Benno to meet them.

Her making hairpin for Turi resulted in her meeting with Frida and learning of Consuming, and that connection saved her that one time she collapsed.
Hell, within this chapter alone, the 'you're like a noble lady' IS exactly why the next part happen.

Or if you want to talk about magic power, her having Consuming alone isn't enough to make her powerful.
It's her constant struggle with it (and a few other factors but those come in later). Each time she push it back down, it come back stronger for a reason.
And there's actually more that result from her struggle with the Consuming, some of wish become a key factor to certain things.

Users who are viewing this thread