Honzuki no Gekokujou ~Shisho ni Naru Tame ni wa Shudan wo Erandeiraremasen~ Dai 1-bu 「Hon ga Nai nara Tsukureba Ii!」 - Vol. 7 Ch. 31 - The Gods' Para…

Dex-chan lover
The scene with the coins was slightly different in the WN. In the WN the child before Main had his pricked finger forcefully scrubbed on the coin by the priest. The clear expression of pain and anguish being silenced by the bell made Main wonder if the true purpose of the bell was to prevent the parents outside the church form hearing the screams and cries of children. When the priest saw Mains clothes, he noticeably acted more politely and treated her gently. In the manga tho they appear to show this as just being the treatment of two different priests.

Dex-chan lover
Orphan servant raising arc incoming. My memory of spoilers is fuzzy, but...

Maine actually has a ton of mana. With nowhere to put it, it becomes the Devouring, and eats at her body, making her frail. However, when the church learns of her huge MP pool, they try to take her from her family. For the first time, Maine uses her mana... or actually, maybe the third time. High amounts of mana thrown at others forces a spell of compulsion, so that people with lesser mana must obey.

That’s how Maine got the boys to help her make new clay after they ruined her first tablet, and how she got her dad to take her to the gate or something. To the fat guy, she practically demands he stop breathing, after he threatens her peasant parents, since she’d rather die with her family than be owned by a noble, or clearly, used as a disposable orphan servant MP battery.

Supposedly this huge MP pool leads her to higher plateaus.

Edit: things people can do with mana:

Build buildings
Make barriers around the settlement/country
Weather control
Help crops grow

Iirc. That’s why people with high mana are so important.

Dex-chan lover
really....a glicoman pose of all things....the gods have a weird sense of humor

Double-page supporter
And so it begins - let's see if the manga-ka continues to illustrate from here on out.

Dex-chan lover
@Talismaster: Actually
It's not a compulsion, it's like a wave of force (think any psychic character pushing enemy into wall and keep pushing them down, something like that)

The compulsion make no sense considering that when Head Priest blocked her vision, he got hit instead and coughed up blood, despite her never telling him to die.
The kids going along with her demand was more because they were afraid of how she looked with the rainbow eyes and emitting yellow mist from her body (note that she didn't have the high MP pool then that's why they weren't dead)
(Also it was Lutz who suggested that they help her fix the problem, Main was too upset to think properly)

And her MP pool around now is on par with a high rank nobles (domain lords level) though that's not so much Devouring thing and more of what she did to avoid dying to devouring.
Btw she get even more MP over the years, both from growing up and more things she do without realizing it has such effect.

Contributor
Good old Glico man :
neon-signs-glico-16481814-o.jpg

I laught a lot because of this too, i understand Main reaction.

Dex-chan lover
finally the priest is here..
tho the anime spoiled it already..

Main.exe has stopped working.. program restoring.. please wait for awhile..

Group Leader
Sad to see the temple arc. It took a really really long time in the WN to for me start enjoying it again. (And i still havent fully got back ibto it)
bc she got so wrapped up in noble/priesthood pleasantries and stuff and not as much slice-of-lifey product development and merchant fun. Also she starts buying a lot of stuff and im honestly confused on how she has enough money even with her earnings from Benno
I still feel like the way she got involved was abrupt and dumb on Myne's part which i guess is her character but yeah.
Nice to get sone world developnent and progress in understanding the devouring though.
Hope that visuals and overall faster pace help me enjoy this arc better

Thanks for the reassurance. I am happy to know that it will be translated even if it takes a while. :)

Users who are viewing this thread