Honzuki no Gekokujou ~Shisho ni Naru Tame ni wa Shudan wo Erandeiraremasen~ Dai 1-bu 「Hon ga Nai nara Tsukureba Ii!」

Dex-chan lover
@Wordsmith :
Snap as in she's REALLY angry.
No it's not a sad ending, it' in the "The interlude into the next bit" spoiler if you wanna read it.

Basically, magic is influenced by your emotion, so when you're really emotional, your magic is basically going berserk.

As a side effect, her eyes turn rainbow color and her body ooze out this hazy yellow-ish mist.
(You can see this like when she got really angry and Ralph group in ch 10, or at the end of ch 11)
(the death stare is...'new', back in ch 10/11 case her magic power was still not that high yet, so not only can she survive it on her own it also wasn't strong enough to kill, but by ch 33 it's enough to be lethal)

In the previous case, the magic remain inside her body so it basically was hurting her.
But in this case, Maiin basically let her emotion guided her magic and caused a 'pressure' wave towards whatever she's looking at.

Group Leader
@hoodedice
Easy Going Scans has disallowed uploading their scans to mangadex. Read new chapters for this manga at http://read.egscans.com/

Y though? And where did you hear about this? Because as far as I can see, they're still uploading to mangadex themselves, the last being 12 days ago for Yongbi the Invincible...although just not for this series for some reason.

Looking at EGS's FAQ on their site, which apparently hasn't been updated since batoto died, they don't mention anything about mangadex there.

Double-page supporter
> MC's tribulations trying to go from the broad memories of technology to something that will be useful are great--partly because they are realistic, partly because they create interesting conflict, partly because they help prevent her from getting OP in five minutes flat.

really? to me it more seems like she doesn't know shit from her books... and little things she does know well aren't even learned via books lol.
I'm pretty dissapointed after ch1 where it was said that she loved all kind of books "mathematic, physic, biology, history books etc", that's totally false, seems like she've read just romance books or smth else totally useless.

Fed-Kun's army
@Owyn You say that, but a lot of modern book knowledge is useless without technology and a society with enough education to understand it. No amount of book knowledge will help you if the people around you don't understand what the heck you're talking about. Most math and sciences would sound like gibberish and biology like the ravings of a mad-man. You can't even use the vast majority of that knowledge practically without already having manufacturing and an industrial complex already in place.

Group Leader
@hoodedice

I see...Not sure what beef that happened between them, because I've only ever had good things to say about mangadex as a scanlator. Oh well.

Double-page supporter
@draw2much
I absolutely agree, that would be 100% the case if we take a random modern kid who played with his smartphone from dawn till dusk his whole life to isekai, but it absolutely shouldn't be the case for so claimed by author "all-genre bookworm", she's supposed to know how to get electricity from a freaking potato\lemon,
I came here to read about a bookwork in another world, not about another stupid kid who just knows how to plug a flash-drive into his pc but "uhh ohh they don't have those in isekai, I forgot how to do anything..."
I was expecting a character like https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anatoly_Wasserman
330px-Anatoly_Wasserman_%282010-09-11%29_2.jpg

who basically could answer any quiz question almost instantly in jeopardy like games cuz he read so much books about everything, so I kinda highly doubt he'd be "uhh ohh I forgot... I don't have tools... uhh gimme google in isekai plz" but would actually get shit done right in another world

Fed-Kun's army
@Owyn I kinda think we're missing each other here, or maybe it's just a fundamental disagreement. I don't know. Even if you know how to make electricity with a potato, you need the equipment to do it. You need a family that won't dismiss your work. You need connections to spread it. You need a society that understands the value of electricity. Our character has none of those things. At all.

Also, what she cares about isn't the betterment of mankind or saving people. She's obsessed with books and reading them. That's actually crucial to the story. It's why she's busy trying to make books rather than "inventing" electricity. You may disagree with her obsession, but that's a person think on your part. Characters gonna be characters and do what they do.

easy going scans is at chap 14.5 as of 8-10-18 so its still continuing just not being uploaded to this particular website and i have no idea how to fix that

Dex-chan lover
@majinrat easy going scans doesn't allow the new chapters to be uploaded on here. just gotta respect their wishes, even if it's annoying. not sure the reason though, as mangadex is one of the better manga sites in terms of respecting scanlation groups (from what i've heard)

Contributor
@Owyn, she might read a lot, but she has a terrible memory of what she reads(revealed way later) (this means very little to the story, as it doesnt help her get books faster anyway(at least for electricity)).
just as an example, I hardly remember anything about biology, social Studies or religious studies.
Most of what she has done so far has been stuff she had done before with her mother.
Reading and remembering is one thing, for some stuff, like electricity, you need understanding, not just comprehension... if that's the right word for it.

Another problem, she gotta have money for that kind of stuff, you can't just use an acidic fruit to generate electricity, you need material with different (e-) properties (one who wants to give up electrons and one that wants the electrons, the harder/more they want, the higher voltage you get), an example is copper and zinc, then you also need wires, which brings up the cost even more, and for what. there is not much you can use that low voltage for, and it will not last too long.

To make proper electricity, from what I can remember, you need to make a generator, and for that you need a LOT of copper, iron, and powerful magnets, or more complicated wiring. huge cost in engineering/production.
another way would be solar power, but I doubt thats simple enough for that civilisation.

:( so egscans won't let us to upload the next chapters into mangadex? I just finished reading it on their website

Double-page supporter
Someone else do this, I hate when people remove their project. Don’t start something you won’t finish, if they knew they were gonna put it on their website why even put it here in the first place. Creates a bad reputation

Users who are viewing this thread