Honzuki no Gekokujou ~Shisho ni Naru Tame ni wa Shudan wo Erandeiraremasen~ Dai 2-bu 「Hon no Tamenara Miko ni Naru!」 - Vol. 1 Ch. 3 - The Reason I Co…

Dex-chan lover
She got chewed out three times for the same instance.

I can't remember who the guy who ran from them was...

Dex-chan lover
Some translation mistakes:
https://mangadex.org/chapter/818152/9
Here Myne is pointing out that Head Priest order Fran, who's supposed to be Myne's attendant, despite her being there too. (i.e. he still think and treat Fran as his own attendant)

https://mangadex.org/chapter/818152/22
Head Priest didn't say she didn't offer enough, but 'offer enough to not cause a strain' (i.e. 'don't over do it' and not 'you didn't do enough')

https://mangadex.org/chapter/818152/24
I think it should be whether she had lunch and whether she used magic for the day, not just only for days she used magic.
Because by the current translation, the implication is that it'd be ok for her to skip lunch if she didn't use magic (no it's not)

Spoiler relate to this chapter
Head Priest is 20, 13 years older than Myne.

@Nighthawlc: Or "She's a walking landmine"

@Cloy552: That's Ralph, Lutz's older brother who's got a crush on Turi/Tuuli.
He never has a chance, Tuuli is similar to Myne in that she's very much absorbed in her passion (cloth making, including Myne's hair ornaments) and doesn't care so much for romance.

It's implied she'll marry Lutz in the end since both of them work closely with Myne so dating/marrying has a few side benefits:
1. It prevent further courting attempts from people trying to gain connection to Myne through her inner circle.
2. Since they both work for Myne, when she move to the new domain they're both following after her. (especially since in the new domain that #1 will be even more intense)

And now spoilers for some chapters ahead
After choosing the attendants' clothes (yes, plural, Myne figured she'll try using this to get Gil and Delia to at least work seriously instead of intentionally being a hindrance)
Then Benno have Turi and Lutz compete to find Myne's 'apprentice cloth for going out'

The winner of the competition?

Myne who one up both of them by choosing her own cloth that Benno use to teach the two to break out of their 'common sense'

Because Turi and Lutz came from poorer background, to them it's common sense to pick a one-piece type clothing, whereas Myne picked several items (skirt, top, blouse, etc) so that she can change the combinations of them to suit her need instead of having to basically strip each time she need to change.

Myne will get the orphanage director's room to be her 'residence' at the Temple, since not having any place of her own has a lot of issues.
-She has no place to change to/from her blue robes.
-Her attendants has nowhere to stay.
Basically as the master, it's expected of them to offer attendants some basic necessities: Especially food and housing.
Since normally the orphans/non-attendant grey robes stay in the orphanage, it's a shared communal space. So becoming attendant and getting your own room is an alluring aspect for them.
Similar thing with food. Nobles will have large amount of food be made, eat their own portion, pass the rest to their attendants, and any leftover from that become God's graces to be given to the orphanage that will be shared equally. So becoming attendant means you get to eat as much as you want + warmer food.
Gil was the one who came to complain about this and while consulting with Head Priest another grey priest suggested the orphanage director room.
(the guy was kinda trying to harass Fran since the previous director often called him there to....'service' her and Fran didn't like that, while this guy liked the previous director and is kinda holding a grudge on Fran for the scandal being found out and thus the director being gone)

There's oven there (duh, it's still a noble's abode) so she can start training chefs how to make her recipes with it before the Italian restaurant is done.

Gil is next in the 'capture' list.

Dex-chan lover
Wow It's hard to realise just how big the difference is when you read the novel, but damn Tuuli is growing a lot faster then Myne

Dex-chan lover
About the character you called "Riesa", whose name is supposed to be pronounced "ree-seh": Is there any chance it's supposed to be the German name Liese? It's pronounced "lee-seh".

I thought y'all got a cease and desist from JNC? I mean I'm ecstatic you're continuing, but I was worried this would stop until someone else decides to pick it up.

Man, every time I read this I it hits me how I love the series! Really, thank you for the translation!

Dex-chan lover
@Wildfire: Yeah, Myne is 'tiny' compare to her peers
Even in magic school, her small size stood out (ironically) a lot...though down the line her antics stood out even more.

It get solved by the end of the series in a literal divine intervention.

orp

Benno: We seek your professional opinion, Dr. Lutz. You are the nation's preeminent Myneologist.
Lutz, MD: Thank you. I have examined the patient and determined the reason of her current predicament. It is because she's a fucking moron.
Benno: ...
Lutz, MD: It's a term of art within the field.

Dex-chan lover
Aw they skipped/glossed over, some of the discussion for the Italian restaurant. Benno was so flustered about his rivals having cake that he declared he would start his own venture into baked sweets to compete. But Myne then convinced him to make an Italian restaurant instead, partly as a compromise. It is something Benno can eventual achieve, w/o the need for directly competing, and also because she was craving Italian food.

When Myne sets her mind to something, it becomes hard to convince her out of it.

Quick question. Will Myne grow as the series continues? She's still a child right now, but will she actually grow up?

Users who are viewing this thread