Honzuki no Gekokujou ~Shisho ni Naru Tame ni wa Shudan wo Erandeiraremasen~ Dai 2-bu 「Hon no Tamenara Miko ni Naru!」 - Vol. 10 Ch. 50.6 - Pooey'd - T…

Dex-chan lover
im high and desperate to understand this
https://forums.mangadex.org/threads...10-ch-46-the-prayer-ce.1613973/#post-20345139

Quoted here for your convenience:
I gotta get this off my chest about TOOR scans' translation. It's a bit frustrating how it feels like they're not light novels readers. I mean, the story's all about this book-loving girl, and it's a bummer when it seems like the translator can't be bothered to crack open a book for fact-checking.

ぷひ -> puhi

"Pooey" is the way Quof translated it in the official light novel. It's an ICONIC sound the shumil makes. It's like changing what Pikachu says from "pika pika" to "Squeak Squeak" Only someone utterly disconnected from the fanbase would even THINK that's a good idea.
I knew this translator wasn't a light novel reader when they called Myne a priestess DESPITE it being clearly stated she was not one, but rather a shrine maiden. Also don't get me started on how shit "City Lord" is of a translation.

Anyways I had to vent about how bad these choices are. Overall the translation is good. But I just wish these choices the translator made didn't make it so painfully obviously they don't read the light novel, they don't check there stuff to see if its even canonical. Like lets not forget, the Manga is BASED on the light novel. Hence the light novel is cannon. If you guys need someone who's read the light novel back to back, I can help fact check the manga releases. But I have to say, Myne would be sad at how reluctant TOOR scans seems to be to opening the Light Novel.

#NotMyPooey

Also this:

Users who are viewing this thread