Honzuki no Gekokujou ~Shisho ni Naru Tame ni wa Shudan wo Erandeiraremasen~ Dai 2-bu 「Hon no Tamenara Miko ni Naru!」 - Vol. 3 Ch. 14 - Preparing for …

@Huapollon
Yeah, you are probably right. It wouldn't be the first novel whose details got butchered in the adaptation.

Still, more than for condensing it, some are only there to poke fun at Myne's bad traits. Like page 13 and a part of p.12, where Lutz explains things Myne agreed to in p.11.

Dex-chan lover
Spoilers incoming :v

@welcome2atlantis
The amount of mana required to make one into Tronbe is quite large.

We get a more appropriate comparison later on when a baby is abandoned at orphanage and Myne eventually have him hold a Tao fruit to absorb his excess mana
It show some changes, but doesn't spawn into Tronbe

So yeah, none of these orphans are gonna accidentally spawn Tronbe in here.

Myne will intentionally spawn some for farming tho, those tronbe paper $$$

@YuriIsTooLewd
Chief Priest not knowing anything about lwoer city - That's world building.
Nobles generally don't care what happen in lower city since they never actually go down there.
And even this wedding ceremony the couples enter the temple, and the priests do their ceremony inside the hall without leaving so at most they get a glimpse of the couples leaving before the door close.
If they want something, they usually send messenger to a merchant to come up to them in noble area.

Yes, readers can go "wat?" at the lack of care the give to lower city, that's part of the setting.

As for Myne being told to sit still, pretty much everyone know that's not happening.
For all their warning Myne to not go on a rampage, they also know that if it's something she really care about she ain't stopping.

Or the priests' preference of having all the marriages in the same day rather than having them closer to the evening, when only the importance of the evening was explained, and not why they choose that specific day. -
This is...more realistic actually, he doesn't understand that she doesn't know so he felt no need to explain it.
(also it's actually glossed over even in-story, it's basically just religious day to have wedding, it's the same where people who aren't Christian might still celebrate Christmas on 24-26th without knowing the reason or Christians going around explaining it to people)

Or why the nobles are fine with group marriage, instead of using their marriage to show off their superiority and wealth to other nobles. -
iirc the Summer marriage ARE held at their residence with blue priests being dispatched to whoever is having one, only the Winter one is held in group at the castle
there's also the matter of time/ease of doing group blessings than others.

The 'specific date' being important get a subtle...approval? later on when Myne has to go hunt for magical ingredients for her own potion and we get to hear about how massively different it is between getting it on specific day and not.

@ryouhira
They get dakka'd by people seeing them holding hands as 'aww look at that young, childhood friends couple'

Dex-chan lover
Lutz asking Myne on a date. Smooth.

Nothing beats reacting positively to someone trying to be superior to you. They face is always worth it.

@YuriIsTooLewd
The priest not knowing what happens outside the temple makes sense since they don't go out of the temple nor deal with people outside the noble district and the toah thing is just in the poor part of the city.
IDK what Myne acts like she doesn't know after learning it, but if it is about what toah has to do with the festival she doesn't know since what was told to her as the reason has nothing to do with the DG marrying the LD and the ED.
The day likely has to do with the day the DG did the event and having it in the morning for the common people still makes sense as to give especial attention to the nobles in the evening when the event actually happened, overall think of it as being a way to solve having to be in two places at once.
Nobles are "OK" with it becuase religion, the religion is presented as something supra and not following it is "bad" so the nobles have no say in it.
Also don't know about the last one but I think it is about Lutz saying she can't go to the forest because of the time and then asking her to go to the city while the orphanage kids are eating and if it is that then there is no problem since they are two different situations anyway...

Dex-chan lover
That blue priest is gonna...
shit his pants when she becomes the head priest and daughter of the archduke

And myne is gonna regret going to the festival
she forgets she gets sick easily so going gets her sick

Code:
Mod Note: Please use spoiler tags when talking about chapter-specific or future events.

Dex-chan lover
Here I was, worrying about what that cover the series has had with her getting pelted with fruits was, and it turns out it's actually something completely benign+celebratory.

Ahahahaha star festival
It's so fun (read carefully it's huge spoiler)
that he educate his future wife about starbond ceremony

Dex-chan lover
That jerky priest reminds me of a line from Poo-bah in The Mikado: "I can't help it. I was born with a sneer on my face."

Thanks again for translating this! It's worth the wait ☺️

Myne reaction when she "Ahh... I get it. I know how they feel..." 😂😂

Dex-chan lover
Oh. That's the story behind cover vol 3. They get seen as a couple and therefore be thrown at. Cute.

@WhimsiCat
@mahtan
About not knowing about the lower city, I knew they didn't care about the non-nobles, but I didn't think it was that much. Like, for all they know normal people could be committing perjury all time, and they wouldn't know. Also, they don't seem to care about knowing if it does happen. Strange religion.
the toah thing is just in the poor part of the city.
Nope, page 3: "The couples wait outside of the temple while everyone throwing taoh at them." That's literally in front of his temple.
As for Myne being told to sit still, pretty much everyone know that's not happening.
Priest: But you won't be able to participate in the festival.
Myne: It's fine, I'd rather make the kids happy.
Lutz: You can't go to the festival.
Myne: Why???
She acts as if he never talked with the priest and it's the first time anyone mentions it. Maybe she can't remember things she doesn't like. Still, after her forgetting the fruits, I can't help but question if it's her memory or the writer trying to make funny moments. Maybe both.
she doesn't know since what was told to her as the reason has nothing to do with the DG marrying the LD and the ED.
The first phrase the priest uses to explain the ceremony is "The starbond ceremony is held in celebration of marriage", and they throw taoh to strengthen their marriage bond, by having the husband protect the wife. It's not like they randomly "throw fruits at each other" like she is saying, or how the kids at the orphanage do in the fake festival. She never mentioned that it's toward the couples, and they don't throw it at everyone. Maybe she forgot that 'detail' too.
[...] still makes sense as to give especial attention to the nobles in the evening when the event actually happened [...]
I agree on this part.
there's also the matter of time/ease of doing group blessings than others.
Not sure I understand, but I wasn't thinking about individual marriages, but more like: why not the nobles on the evening of the right day, and the commoner on the evening of the next day, if the evening is the important part? The answer would be plot, so that the priests are out when she has the taoh-party. And things happening only for plot is bad writing. But now, I get why he didn't mention the importance of the day. So important that he took it for something obvious. It's believable particularly thanks to the spoiler at the end.

About WhimsiCat's explanation of the marriage of nobles.
Wait, the nobles have both winter and summer? The boy says that there is only one wedding day, but maybe it's just for the lower district. Also, when they say "The afternoon ceremony at the noble's district" it actually means the many ceremonies that are held in each house? Now, this is more noble-like. Still, I was mislead by page 7 "Due to the large number of people [the nobles and the commoners are separate]" as it seems split in two ceremonies, not many. Maybe it was intentional, dunno.
Also don't know about the last one but I think it is about Lutz saying she can't go to the forest because of the time and then asking her to go to the city while the orphanage kids are eating and if it is that then there is no problem since they are two different situations anyway...
Yes, he said it because the situation changed. My point was about adding a second explanation, not about him changing his mind. It was only an additional ironic thing on top of the other, not wrong per se. My bad.

They face is always worth it.
😱😍😘😚 If you are talking about me, I'm a total M so I love to be proven wrong, haha. Or maybe I'm just a troll trolling you, who knows.

Dex-chan lover
@YuriIsTooLewd :
>Strange religion.
The country itself is a haven made by the Gods to protect people with mana, so it's not surprisingly that only those with mana participate in religious activities since people without mana pretty much can't do anything in that regard (can't use mana to fertilize the soil, can't offer blessings, etc everything important requires mana)

In fact without nobles pouring mana into the foundation, the whole place would turn into desert.

As for marriage
I could be remembering wrong, but there's definitely bachelors gathering during Winter gatherings at least.

And rural villages either have baptism/wedding once or twice a year, since the priests only visit them at most twice: once during spring to give them the magical fertilizer (more mana = more crop yield) and again in Autumn to collect harvests as tax (autumn at least definitely have the marriage ceremony)

Dex-chan lover
@YuriIsTooLewd
Nope, page 3: "The couples wait outside of the temple while everyone throwing taoh at them." That's literally in front of his temple.
Yep, outside the temple. Don't matter if it is close or far from it the priest do not know what happen outside the temple in the not noble part of the city.

Lutz: You can't go to the festival.
Myne: Why???
This part is about going to the forest with the orphan not about going to the festival, going to the forest with the orphans is still in the idea of making the orphans happy.

Maybe she forgot that 'detail' too
Since the toah part is not originally part of the tradition she do not know where it came from nor why it started, as I said all she knows is what Lutz told her, which has nothing to do with the gods, and she has no way to know if what was told is right or not. Also it is stabilished that Myne is a fucking idiot, which is my most prominent problem with this story, so she "forgetting" it is not OOC.

I'm not good at explaining things so maybe it is still not good enough T_T.

Users who are viewing this thread