Honzuki no Gekokujou ~Shisho ni Naru Tame ni wa Shudan wo Erandeiraremasen~ Dai 3-bu 「Ryouchi ni Hon o Hirogeyou!」 - Vol. 1 Ch. 1

@GruntZone360 i stopped reading the WN at about ch96-103 where blastaron(stopped after finishing Part 1) and Infinite novels( only did few chapters) stopped, i tried reading flying lines but broken chapters marked as other chapters annoyed me too much. plus the official LN had already started at that time so i've just been reading official. for me this manga is more to get a visualization of the novel scenes.
the official is already at part 3 vol 4 (being translated/released weekly) and Part 3 vol 3 just released the other day.

so glad to see something from this part in manga form ... read the wn upto just about here just could not keep with with the mtl at the time

Dex-chan lover
I get the need to do the parts in parallel if you don't want the manga to take 20 years to finish, but it'll take a bit to get used to the different art styles between them.

I also think the decisions about which parts of the story to draw out were not what I would have picked. Sure kept the pace up, but left some potentially confusing bits for people who didn't read the novels. Like, if you didn't know about Rozemyne talking up rinsham to Elvira then her whole thing about how Laynobles have been monopolizing it (because that's who Benno has connections with) make little sense. Makes no sense to skip the first part of that but bring up the second part. It also winds up underselling Elvira giving Rozemyne a crash course in noble etiquette.

(The official LN translation from JNovel is very good, btw.)

Dex-chan lover
For me I like both art styles. Myne looks cute in previous style and looks pretty in current style.

I didn't read the novel so I am surprised that their relationship is so close that Myne can just ask for a hug. I can't wait to see part 2 completed to see what happened between them. And even though Myne can't talk with her real family anymore but at least Ferdinand is there to still connect the bridge. The new family is also really kind so I am glad for her. I am just afraid with the second and third wife's family

Double-page supporter
As a novel reader, I don't really care... but manga-only might be slightly annoyed.
Also part 3 is twice as long as part 2 iirc, I feel like not a lot will even bother to start reading this one first.

Dex-chan lover
I read the novel, manga, and watch the anime why can't they go faster in at least one of them. I would be fine if the novel was updated to cover volume 3 fast, or if the anime had not been postponed until supposedly the end of 2021, once the manga finishes the last of volume 2 it will be ahead of the anime.

@Cidolfas
The official LN translation from JNovel is very good, btw.
It's mediocre at best, and with translation errors, not to mention consistency in name's translation. The most funny thing happens is when MTL like DeepL translates some things better. Of course it's still better than MTL overall (especially shit like google tl), but not too much.

@Rugid I read all of JNC's translation but didnt notice any inconsistency with names, mind giving some examples? So far JNC seems much better in terms of translations than a company like YenPress who regularly make dumb mistakes and switch names between volumes or even chapters.

Dex-chan lover
@Rugid Having read a bunch of the posts on their forums where people discuss translation issues and the translator responds, I really don't think there's a lot of errors. There are ambiguous or tricky passages with more than one proper translation and they may not always pick your favorite. I'm pretty happy with their explanations whenever that comes up. Proper translation is an art.

They're very consistent about name translation too - a few side characters that have been mentioned once in Part 2 before becoming recurring in Part 3 have gotten multiple spellings, but those got cleaned up for the volume releases. Seriously, there's a post where the translator explains their process for them. Unlike DeepL, the translator actually gets to consult with the original author on proper name translations. There was a whole thing about a name using the -ius ending instead of a more Germanic spelling where the translator pointed out other names explicitly have an -ius ending and when asked the author specifically OK'd it.

Like, comparing the official translation from JNovel to MTL (or even DeepL) is kinda silly.

... Are you talking about the unofficial WN translation that's still on Part 2? Because that's pretty close to straight MTL with a poor editing pass.

Contributor
@Rugid

Sounds like you are reading the MTL of the WN, the parts after Blastron dropped it (Blastron did a phenomenal job).

The translation for the edited volumes from JNC have been really great as well.

@vodspod, what do you mean? The translation of the LN is quite ahead of the manga part 3.

Part 4 of the manga is already getting started too tho

Dex-chan lover
@LeRyzz
Ryo Namino's design of characters is great, but oh god how he is able to drawn XVIIth century noble mansions when the story is clearly set in the novel as in the precedent manga in a late middle-age fantasy setting ?
Magic.

The nobles have it and the commoners don't. Add to that that they live very segregated lives.

Fed-Kun's army
Those first couple of pages making me remember the scene in the novel and aggghhh. This series does things to my tearducts I tell you what.

Welp, the last couple pages got me too. Son of a gun...

@AlmondMagnum Before I answer or spoiled anything, were are you in the raw of the novel ? (If you tell me, I can explain my point or just accept what you wrote as facts. Perhaps you know and read a lot more than me on the novel? ^^)

Dex-chan lover
@LeRyzz
I'm up to date on the official translated LN. Part 3 vol 3.

But I'm just making the point that architectural differences aren't that surprising. What we've seen looks like medieval Europe, but it isn't it. Nobles fly and cast spells - they probably never developed the kind of fortifications we did.

@AlmondMagnum Okay. I will not write on that :)

That's a fair point, magic is effectively everything in this setting and can justify a lot. And I am gruntling about "accuracy " and "historicity" but societies like the early Russian Empire (proclaimed in the early 18th) was litteraly a society by 1750-60 of modern cities sharing their space with villages and slums of middle-aged style peasants, serfs in heavy clothes and crude technology. Even the poorest countryside of the French old regime could have been depicted like this.
So yeah, I'm ranting but I must admit that it is my opinion versus another one in the end, and your point is as valid than mine on this subject!

@stufflul @yamajii Part 2 isn't completed in japan yet. They're doing the part 2, part 3, and now part 4 in parallel, with different artists. Obviously, don't read those if you haven't read the LN or WN up to those parts. Or you can wait until the season 3 of the anime, and then begin reading this part 3.

Users who are viewing this thread