Honzuki no Gekokujou ~Shisho ni Naru Tame ni wa Shudan wo Erandeiraremasen~ Dai 3-bu 「Ryouchi ni Hon o Hirogeyou!」 - Vol. 7 Ch. 35 - The Harvest Fest…

Thank you for the chapter. I hope you will continue with the Academy Arc when this catches up to the raws.

Dex-chan lover
he knows her well...

ksnip-tmp-j-Ozmt-D.png

Fed-Kun's army
With respect to the use of "princess" and localization, I think it would be better to go with "milady" or (to a lesser extent) "young mistress". Hime-sama doesn't have the same connotation in english that it does in japanese. Thanks for the translation work, it's good to see someone doing these well.

Dex-chan lover
With respect to the use of "princess" and localization, I think it would be better to go with "milady" or (to a lesser extent) "young mistress". Hime-sama doesn't have the same connotation in english that it does in japanese. Thanks for the translation work, it's good to see someone doing these well.
I was to point this out too.

Once I wondered whether it’s legible to call a duke/duchess’ heirs princes and princesses, and my Google search’s answers were something along the line of “if a duke/duchess is a sibling to a king, their heirs can be called by such titles.” And I don't think our girl fits the bill.

Group Leader
Recently I've found that Prince/Princess is used pretty looseygoosey with the children of dukes, given a duke's relational proximity with a royal family, and given I'm not clear on the relationship between Sylvester and any future known royalty, i wanted to err on the side of princess, yk?

i've heard theres family trees floating around but idk how to find them lmao. once i figure out whether Sylvester is tangential royalty or not i'll decide on whether it stays Princess or moves onto My Lady/ Milady

i appreciate the analysis! ty <3

Use spoiler tags.
I've read the whole LN up to the Latest Pre-Pubs (P5 V11), and have started picking up reading your Scanlations of the unreleased Manga, and I gotta say I am so happy this translation exists, I can tell where it takes from the excellent work of the LN team (Which is Quof, and the entirety of J-Novels who give their feedback constantly, and his editors too), and this is not only very legible, which a lot of other teams failed to do, but doesn't crush my soul from all the slight differences. The Typesetting is great too!

I think princess should be changed too, from what the other said, but my personal issue is raised since, while Ehrenfest is a Duchy, under an Archduke, there is a Royal Family who are entirely separate

(and we won't even remotely deal with until p4.)

, they had that Civil war that Ehrenfest had avoided, remember this was mentioned both in p1 and p2 in different locations, particularly why there was a Blue Priest Shortage, and why some Blue priests became nobles.

(EDIT) - While the LN TL, uses Milady in a lot of places, Rozemyne isn't a princess (remember the funny Cinderella book she tried to make in p2?), she is an Archduke Candidate, and part of the Archducal family of Ehrenfest by Adoption.

The Royal Family has a specific title (which I wont spoil), but the King does go by King as well as that title, and his Sons Princes. I dunno if you plan on going to p4, but I've loved your work thusfar!
On Sylvester P4Is Definitely not Royalty, although all archdukes can at some point trace their lines to a royal branch at some point (like most european houses)

Last edited by a moderator:
Group Leader
The Royal Family has a specific title (which I wont spoil), but the King does go by King as well as that title, and his Sons Princes. I dunno if you plan on going to p4, but I've loved your work thusfar!
On Sylvester P4Is Definitely not Royalty, although all archdukes can at some point trace their lines to a royal branch at some point (like most european houses)

わかりました!

I see the enthusiastic response and appreciate the periphery info. I will take everyones feelings to heart and make the switch now that i can be sure about the family tree!

thanks again everyone <3

Dex-chan lover
Recently I've found that Prince/Princess is used pretty looseygoosey with the children of dukes, given a duke's relational proximity with a royal family, and given I'm not clear on the relationship between Sylvester and any future known royalty, i wanted to err on the side of princess, yk?

i've heard theres family trees floating around but idk how to find them lmao. once i figure out whether Sylvester is tangential royalty or not i'll decide on whether it stays Princess or moves onto My Lady/ Milady

technically speaking all Nobles and especially Dukes are decendants of royalty but that's later on when it comes to family trees the official ones can be found in the 2nd Fanbook for the LN found here in digital format https://j-novel.club/series/ascendance-of-a-bookworm-fanbook

Fed-Kun's army

I can give some general world-building spoilers. All archducal families have some level of royal blood in them because the royal family commonly arranges marriages with them for political gain - but only to the most powerful of duchies. Plus a spoiler about Sylvester specifically. Sylvester is like 4 generations removed from his closest royal ancestor.

Dex-chan lover
In the anime the investigation team was shown as pretty hapless when it came to the commoner side of life, so it's funny to see them again in a neutral/positive light

Double-page supporter
I'm glad that brat learned his lesson.

Also, reminded me to the OVA's where these two spied on Myne. Can't even stand commoners' stench, huh...

Users who are viewing this thread