Hope You're Happy, Lemon - Ch. 2

Dex-chan lover
Hmm, the black haired girl did not react at all to seeing them together alone in the room.

Either she does not see either of them as romantic potential, or she has one hell of a poker face.

Dex-chan lover
Calling it now, Kogahara is gay for Lemon, Lemon likes MC, and MC likes Kogahara. It's an honest to goodness love triangle in the literal sense.

Dex-chan lover
Even knowing she lied about cheating when he said "see you later" i got mad, a small detail but it annoyed me, even if she tells him the truth i hope he's just like "well good for you, you're not a bitch then, imma just fuck off aight?"

I'll give it until chapter 3, but I don't expect much from this series. I hate bodyswap shit but thought I'd see where it goes especially with the whole cheating thing. Only for it to be some fake out crap, would have made a more interesting story if she actually was cheating, as opposed to this obvious love triangle bullshit that's about to go down.

Maybe I'm just getting too old for this shit at this point.

Dex-chan lover
I'm going to reserve judgement until Lemon's reveal, and I am hoping for a damn good reason for such an outrageous lie tailored made to hurt someone you care about.

I swear to the gods above that if any of the 3 happens I’ll lose it and banish mangaplus from my phone forever

1. Lemon’s reasoning was some bullshit stuff about “Oh, it was meant to be a prank”, “I was just conflicted about being in a relationship and wanted to break up” or “My friends told me to do it and I did it”

2. Mc actually ends up with Lemon. So, you are telling me that you’re actually willing to look at a girl who “cheated on you with 3 other dudes” in a romantic way again? Like, I get that she was lying and stuff but at this point, any normal sensible human being should be disgusted beyond point, which mc is, but after the sudden reveal, everything will just be okay? Aw hell nah bruv, that lie was the second most toxic shit she could have done.

3. If this just turns into some 300 chapter no progress bullshit.

Dex-chan lover
I'm gonna make my guess that kogahara probably in love with lemongrab

Dex-chan lover
How many chapters will it take for her to confess that she really wasn't cheating? Once she spills the beans, they eventually makeup, MC forgets about his crush and goes back to his ex. I can see it

Dex-chan lover
It's funny that the MC is more expressive when he swapped bodies

Double-page supporter
I don't care much myself(not NTR fan at all). I give stories a shot to do what they want and react to how they execute it, over inserting my own preferences.

But I do think at minimum it would've been better to wait a bit before revealing that the cheating was a lie to the audience.

Having mc have to liveand work with someone who hurt him deeply that 3 years later he still is conflicted over it, with a character who appears guiltless having cheated on him (interested in only herself), would've been more interesting. Kinda like Love Agency, where surface impressions of characters flipped after some development.

Let us grow to hate her for cheating shamelessly, to then learn she had to lie for some reason, and genuinely seeks to make amends as soon as she reconnected with him. And even despite her own feelings, become his wingwoman in pursuing her roommate.

I won't say I dislike the series(body swap/transformation series are usually fun ways to add drama, comedy, etc)(yet, it's only 2 chapters), but it's starting premise/emphasis is certainly a bit weak. But all that means is the author just needs to put more work to make the series engaging. Maybe it will soar, maybe it will nosedive.
The problem is that cheating is almost universally reviled in any country where monogamy is prevalent (see: most of the civilized world). To the point that many, if not most readers would wholly tune out any attempt to make Lemon sympathetic if they were under the impression she was legitimately a cheater. It's the same reason people don't like promiscuous characters in general, particularly in romance stories.
It would take an extremely masterful author in a very tonally different story to make people sympathize with someone for cheating. It isn't the kind of topic that one would expect a comedic romcom manga to be able to handle gracefully.

The author clearly wants people to LIKE Lemon, probably on account of that it seems like half the narrative may be continually from her perspective. That would be exceedingly difficult to achieve, no matter how pleasant of a person she seems to be, if it were continually clawing at the back of everyone's minds that she were a cheater.

Story seems like it will be fun but I expect most will find it a bit too cliché. The fact that the story is revolving around the two of them not just reconnecting but functionally coming to learn every facet of their lives, along with just the fact that Lemon's name is tangibly in the title, suggests that the inevitable end result of this is going to be Lemon is the "real" romantic lead and the story will be about how things don't work out with her roommate and the MC gradually moves back into being with her.

Group Leader
I'm not surprised but still kind of amused/horrified at how many people here hate Lemon because she told a dumb lie in middle school. Most people have done worse than her as adults lol.

Dex-chan lover
It's so obvious that they switch when they're both sleeping, how are they gonna drag out this 'big reveal' lol.

Also MC's crush seems like she has a crush on Lemon who still likes the MC so some more love triangle fuckery. :facepalm:

Guess I'll see how this dumpster fire turns out

Dex-chan lover
Look, Im honestly not very disturbed if the author wants to go to fake NTR and swapping bodies route.

But so far, Im very disturbed with how the writer try to present the Witch to be liked by the readers. No, not in way shes a mary sue, but with how nice our guy treats her, the thing about her fake NTRing him never brought upon the the table And the way he talks is as if hes seems to already have forgiven her?

I dont even mind if Kogahara is sesbian towards the witch. If so, wouldnt it be much more interesting for her to know just how much this witch hurt our guy here. Even more interesting knowing her take on cheating. What would her reaction be?~

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
i just feel bad for mc cuz he clearly got like fucked up from the cheating gf thing bro has taken damage as a result of this lmao.

Users who are viewing this thread