Hope You're Happy, Lemon - Vol. 2 Ch. 5

Dex-chan lover
Do Reiwa romcom readers actually enjoy idiot MCs, endless misunderstandings, and wanky love triangles with foregone conclusions?

And are they going to wait 100 chapters to talk about the awful way Lemon dumped the guy in the past? Or is the MC too much of a potato to ever bring it up?

Group Leader
Oh great another one of these brain dead dense protags. :facepalm:

It makes it really hard for me to root for these types of cookie cutter protags.
tbf even irl it can be hard sometimes to know if they're sending you signs or not and considering how lemon hang up on him without finishing her sentence like that it could be a pretty realistic reaction

Dex-chan lover
Its as if hes looking at her with the facial expression of a real life girl, you cant read a person face irl because you arent a freaking reader. So perhaps thats why he doesnt know shes blushing toward him? But im pretty more to the idea of him being a dumb fuck

Dex-chan lover
It’s so stupid in an endearing way…

I mean yes it’s one of those miscomm idiot love triangles but ugh it’s FUNNY. Suzuka is HILARIOUS. Sunao is A WHOLE IDIOT. Natsumin is a CINNAMON ROLL. Lemon is… Lemony.

Dex-chan lover
I was refering to him not noticing Koga was into him.
Tbf can we even say Koga's into him? From what we know, it was actually Lemon who is with her on that date, so technically she felt in love with Lemon wearing Sunao's skin, not him. It was not his actions that made her fall, it was Lemon.

Dex-chan lover
Oh great another one of these brain dead dense protags. :facepalm:

It makes it really hard for me to root for these types of cookie cutter protags.
Eh, I think if anything the last one about the word crush is a reasonable misunderstanding to have. And you gotta keep in mind this guy has some heavy relationship trauma, so that's definitely influencing his judgment abilities here.

Dex-chan lover
I hate these types of misunderstanding tropes, like would it kill to be ask the person themselves or make sure that you are atleast 90% sure of what's happening before jumping to conclusions? It makes the characters seem stupid, and assumes the reader to be stupid enough to bite into it

Users who are viewing this thread