Hope You're Happy, Lemon - Ch. 30

Aggregator gang
Again.

"Hope you're Happy Lemon" is about feelings.

In fact, I also think that the author is doing a lot of wrong. It would be possible to work with different situations, including the body swap. But it seems that in the end the "body swap" was just a marketing gimmick.

It's annoying that there's still no explanation as to why Lemon "lied" to break up with Sunao (Raika's entry kind of sounded close to what could be the reason), and the main reason, why the hell there was an exchange of bodies.

In the end, the plot ends in the love polygon of Lemon, Sunao, Natsumi, Suzuka and Raika.

(At least the art is pretty and the character designs are likeable.)

Dex-chan lover
In fact, I also think that the author is doing a lot of wrong. It would be possible to work with different situations, including the body swap. But it seems that in the end the "body swap" was just a marketing gimmick.

It's annoying that there's still no explanation as to why Lemon "lied" to break up with Sunao (Raika's entry kind of sounded close to what could be the reason), and the main reason, why the hell there was an exchange of bodies.
(Not saying that this is great, but...)

If for no other reason the body swap forces Sunao to interact with the now-hated Dear Childhood Friend/Witch that he believes horribly betrayed him back in middle/junior high school. It also allows a closer interaction with Natsumi than just being a club mate.

If the rest of the setup remained unchanged then without the forced interaction with Witch he would have avoided her and probably would have ran into her again only if he progressed pretty far with Natsumi. Since it appears that IF there is going to be a romantic resolution the mangaka plans (?) it to be with Lemon, requiring a Natsumi route to have to progress a good deal would require that Lemon would have to take him away from Natsumi which is distasteful/painful in it's own right.

Aggregator gang
If for no other reason the body swap forces Sunao to interact with the now-hated Dear Childhood Friend/Witch that he believes horribly betrayed him back in middle/junior high school. It also allows a closer interaction with Natsumi than just being a club mate.

If the rest of the setup remained unchanged then without the forced interaction with Witch he would have avoided her and probably would have ran into her again only if he progressed pretty far with Natsumi. Since it appears that IF there is going to be a romantic resolution the mangaka plans (?) it to be with Lemon, requiring a Natsumi route to have to progress a good deal would require that Lemon would have to take him away from Natsumi which is distasteful/painful in it's own right.
Great points! The ideal was one of these routes: the exchange of bodies would make both Sunao understand Lemon and understand his own feelings towards Natsumi. In practice, the author makes a lot of pointless points. (Sorry if it wasn't good, as I use Google translate from Portuguese, as there are no groups translating into the language).

Anyway, I'll follow along since I'm in the middle of the roll too. There are times when I see myself in Sunao - he's not the best at flirting (especially because he's young) and I've had bad understanding from ex-partners (no, mine didn't cheat with three guys, and I don't care if she cheated or not - I "faltered").

Users who are viewing this thread