Hope You're Happy, Lemon - Ch. 5

Group Leader
I mean, it was obvious that the manga needed a "misunderstanding" so the plot can be stretched, the problem is... what is going to add the editor, like characters or some plot devices, to make this a running series, otherwise... if the misunderstanding is clear, the manga could go nowhere and getting axed, which would be sad, since it's a really nice thing this kind of mentalswap.

And about lemon, as I said her reason to said such a stupid thing like "I cheated on you with three guys", must be a pretty dumb one, so probably the reason won't be clear until, kamogahara, the MC and lemon confess the love between all of them. After that, probably ax or natural ending.

Double-page supporter
at this point blud deserves to not have love
Here’s a pro tip for how this works in real life. If someone blanks you after you go out on a date with you they are NOT in love with you. You probably did something dumb or they simply realised that they are not interested in you.

Group Leader
Would be nice if mc decided to just try to support them or something, move out of the way with no drama. If he really thinks they are into each other he should just observe quietly and focus in the bunch of other stuff im sure he has to deal with since hes a college student.
To be honest, the dream scenario here (entertainment-wise) is that he completely gives up on Kogahara and spends his time in Lemon's body trying to push her together with Lemon because he thinks they both secretly have a crush on each other.

Do Reiwa romcom readers actually enjoy idiot MCs, endless misunderstandings, and wanky love triangles with foregone conclusions?

And are they going to wait 100 chapters to talk about the awful way Lemon dumped the guy in the past? Or is the MC too much of a potato to ever bring it up?
This isn't really new, there were plenty of manga and anime just like that in the 00s too.

To be honest, the dream scenario here (entertainment-wise) is that he completely gives up on Kogahara and spends his time in Lemon's body trying to push her together with Lemon because he thinks they both secretly have a crush on each other.
That would be something else if it actually worked, real friendship is a great foundation after all. But unless this goes off the deep end into poly territory then I could see something like: Koga continues to fall for Sunao(Lemon), Lemon's crush on Sunao deepens because of all their interactions, Sunao wavers for the same reason (and maybe has a rare moment of clarity realizing Koga is falling for Lemon in his body). At that point perhaps the body swap gets discovered or they come clean, that would be rough on Kogahara but potentially clear the way for Koga to admit she's into yuri and wants Lemon or gives up on Sunao and a romantic thing, instead of BFFs, with Lemon while Lemon and Sunao realise they are end game. Actually depending on how this is played anyone could end up with anyone, but some of the routes to get there would be much goofier than others.

Dex-chan lover
Here’s a pro tip for how this works in real life. If someone blanks you after you go out on a date with you they are NOT in love with you. You probably did something dumb or they simply realised that they are not interested in you.
fair, point taken. however he immediatly jumps to the conclusion that she likes lemon just by her being "normal" around lemon. and its not like you cant at least ask per phone what went wrong. also a singular date should not lead to complete avoidance no matter how bad it went.

Group Leader
fair, point taken. however he immediatly jumps to the conclusion that she likes lemon just by her being "normal" around lemon. and its not like you cant at least ask per phone what went wrong. also a singular date should not lead to complete avoidance no matter how bad it went.
That's not why he concluded that. He concluded that because he saw how deeply relieved she was to learn that Lemon wasn't dating him, and since he also believes Kogahara hates him (because he friend told him that), so by process of elimination she must be happy to learn that Lemon is single.

Dex-chan lover
I'm sure mc would have his reservations about actively promoting them as a couple considering he sees lemon as the kind of woman that would date +4 guys at the same time, but this can be easily fixed by him getting an arc about being convinced that lemon is not like that "anymore".

Dex-chan lover
we've all been burned before so I'm not saying this won't turn into a 300 chapter rent-a-girlfriend dipshit festival but i think we can allow for a chapter or two of having a comic beat like this even for mangas that will wrap up their romance plot in a tidy two volumes...

Dex-chan lover
Oh great another one of these brain dead dense protags. :facepalm:

It makes it really hard for me to root for these types of cookie cutter protags.
Wdym he actually came up with a very solid conclusion. Kogahara only fell in love with him after Lemon took the MC body before that she only saw him as a friend. MC got a look at how close their relationship is with the date. Kogahara may think she is in love with the MC but that's only because she doesn't know it's Lemon inside. I think he has the right answer

Users who are viewing this thread