Horimiya - Vol. 13 Ch. 98 - The Hori Thing

Aggregator gang
Slice of life fans, let's unite against all these uncomfy people with their uncomfy ways.

No matter how bad my eyes get from staring at the screen... CCCUUUUUUTTTTTEEEEE!!!!!!!!

Contributor
You all realize this chapter and practically all the recent previous ones are just Hori knowing and accepting and preparing for the the fact that she is pregnant, right? That text she got wasn't a joke, though she didn't mean it to be taken seriously, and allllllllll the prep, alllll the allusions and allllllllllllllllllllllll the increased moodiness (including motherliness towards the spoiling of a young child) is all Hori being pregnant.

Group Leader
updates <3 thank you so much!!
I really enjoy horimiya so far.

i accidentally found it during our last japan trip, so that I decided to buy the first few tankobon.
love it <3

Contributor
I went back to see what the "recent" chapters were and realized there wasn't too much Hori interaction in the last FIVE MONTHS but, yeah. It's not some hahaha comment. Hori is pregnant and she known for a long time now.

Turns out, according to this chapter, she's even starting to show. Dad remembering how much she's over-eating, which she's been doing a lot of, her need for a bigger shirt to lounge around in, anger to show off she can still fit into smaller clothes (which she can't, directly pointing out belly), dad calling Miyamura to take care of the "Hori problems" that are newer, all the shenanigans around taking control of the family ship and raising and spoiling...on and on.

Dex-chan lover
For the setting of the story, there is 0% chance of talks about pregnancy. This is not that type of story.

There was already a plot point long ago about Hori's little brother being worried at losing his sister. Which was about the time Miyamura and her had sex.

I forget how long ago that is, and how long that is in the context of this story, but it's long enough that they certainly bang safely.

There's a lot of social stigma to deal with too, on top of really screwing up that previous plot point with Hori's little brother if there's pregnancy related issues. Both her family and school would look at them funny, on top of the group of friends. In a comfy slice of life setting filled with fun character interaction, a teen pregnancy would ruin that mood 100%.

Then there's Japan's ever mentioned low birth rates. The characters in the Horimiya universe are full of silly teenager antics that are exaggerated, but they touch upon this topic. There's likely a fairly implicit understanding of it all that doesn't need to be explained... and why this itself goes against pregnant ideas.

Hori herself has shown to be far more moody once she became more comfortable with Miyamura. This is not related to pregnancy so much as comfort around peers.

So no, this is absolutely not pregnancy related. And it's for the best based on the premise of the story itself. Especially considering a previous plot point in Hori + Miyamura's relationship earlier on.

Power Uploader
I doubt Hori is pregnant, really.

If she were and had known, she would have talked about it with Miyamura. Their relationship isn't the kind where she'd have to hide anything from him.

And this kind of drama runs contrary to the comedic tone of the whole manga.

Fed-Kun's army
When sister's boyfriend is more like a family than real family members xD

Double-page supporter
The whole pregnancy thing was in the original hori-san to miyamura-kun so they might go about it a different way or not do it like that at all. I hope they don't do the same, it would be a waste imo

But otherwise great chapter. It's been awhile with anything souta-related

Users who are viewing this thread