Horimiya - Vol. 8 Ch. 55 - Sins of Youth

Group Leader
Joined
Jun 2, 2019
Messages
4,565
@RUD3DUD3 He deserves to die for being a jerk??? Isn't that too harsh???

Hell, this arc showed that he wasn't a bad person per say. He just disliked someone and once he matured he realized that his childish dislike was without reason and regretted it.

And the best part? Nobody forced him. He could have just forgotten and moved on. But he didn't. He wanted to make right.

There is nobody in this world that does no wrong, but few who want to try and rectify their mistakes.

@Yori-chan There were probably some lines he didn't cross. It didn't seem to be outright bullying rather than neglecting and being a basic jerk. He let Miyamura take the blame for his mistake and he avoided him like a plague.

Miyamura felt lonely and stuff, but there were lines that weren't crossed with him.

If it was more serious bullying, Miyamura probably wouldn't have been as friendly.
 
Member
Joined
Jun 22, 2020
Messages
279
@deathmailrock :maybe I was a bit ambiguous in my first comment, but I meant that If I was in Miyamura's shoes, I would have still been resentful towards him because he's added up on the pile of "why my classmates dislike me", I would have interpreted his act as giving to my classmates another reason to avoid me. (My thinking may seem childish, though I believe that I was this kind of person back in middle school/highschool, the type to easily hold grudge for the littlest thing, and to never forgive no matter what).
 
Dex-chan lover
Joined
Dec 20, 2020
Messages
341
The bully & bullied reunion and those "peace signs" they made each other really reminded me of koe no katachi, though I don't know how much of a bully he was to him.
 
Dex-chan lover
Joined
Jan 10, 2023
Messages
1,669
Ah, years long guilt. Made me suddenly remember " A silent voice" in this chapter.
‘A Silent Voice’ is amazing. I feel like I’ve seen it a few times, and it’s been emotional every time.

Kids are kids. Sometimes they’re little shits, but they don’t really mean to be. They just don’t know any better. That young, they’re not really understanding empathy that much, if at all. But with growth and self-reflection, guilt and a desire to resolve things, at least, may surface. Even if redemption is beyond possible, there is something to be said for confronting your past.
 
Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Joined
Jan 20, 2023
Messages
8,906
So a dude lied about causing death of a rabbit through starvation, framing him, then proceed to bully him into seclusion, depression, self harm and although having an official girlfriend now trying to make a move on her... but now he has a change of heart and we're best buds because he reflected on it...

Cool, how about tasting own medicine because that's kinda not enough.

Think only one story did it right and that's "My Atypical Girl", where a bully faced the same treatment when her real face was exposed and brought to court with repaying for damage at least financially.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Top