Horimiya

Power Uploader
don't worry child, SS2 of the anime is coming out this July, and there will also be 3 new chapters added to the manga, so consider yourself blessed!
Yes, I heard the news. And I couldn't be more happier.

Dex-chan lover
I love coming back to re read this every couple of months. And every single time i get a little disappointed that after around chapter 64ish it totally stops focusing on the relationship between Hori and Miyamura. like they are still very active in the story but it just feels like there isn't a lot of romantic scenes between them, they just kinda come off as friends for the later half of the series. But its still an 11/10 because the first 64 chapters are pure GOLD, and the side characters are enjoyable. Ps i do think there could have been a little less of Miyamura "flirting" (for lack of a better way to describe it) with the boys.

don't worry child, SS2 of the anime is coming out this July, and there will also be 3 new chapters added to the manga, so consider yourself blessed!
Any news on what will be in next season? Didn’t the first season end how the manga ended or am I all in the wrong. Watched the anime yesterday for the first time and went for the manga today, just finished it.

Dex-chan lover
Any news on what will be in next season? Didn’t the first season end how the manga ended or am I all in the wrong. Watched the anime yesterday for the first time and went for the manga today, just finished it.
yes, but the new season (which is airing on the 1st of July btw) is adapting all the skipped parts of the manga

yes, but the new season (which is airing on the 1st of July btw) is adapting all the skipped parts of the manga
I would love to see what the future looks like, i feel like the only anime ive seen that has let us see that, is clannad where we got the continuation of there life together 😂

Dex-chan lover
I would love to see what the future looks like, i feel like the only anime ive seen that has let us see that, is clannad where we got the continuation of there life together 😂
well, just hopefully maybe one day the manga would continue, cuz the OG webcomics that the manga was based on is still ongoing, and I heard that the webcomics has many chapters about the future of everyone after the graduation chapter, if someday somehow the manga is continued, maybe we'll also get more anime (fingers crossed tho not a lot of hope but still... dreamin about it can't hurt right?)

Dex-chan lover
Simply put, I don't think it's a good manga: it isn't awesome at what it sets out to do, and it loses itself completely after the first third.

It starts out relatively strong, and it's enjoyable enough to read, but by around chapter fifty it drowns in the affairs of nondescript secondary characters you are given no reason to care about, and the main plotline is dead in the water.
So, the has-no-gf guy still doesn't have a gf by the end of the series, not even close. The girl who's seeking comfort after her older brother dies doesn't get particularly close towards the substitute, and her feelings on the matter aren't explored at all - I am particularly sore about it because it seemed like such a promising plot line.
Like, we learn that piercings are the protagonist's way of self-harm, and he literally does them with a clothes pin. But how he ends up with a huge-ass tattoo across the entire side of his body is never explored. And a tattoo like that takes serious commitment and isn't cheap, either. But the reason the guy got in in a society as adverse to tattoos as the Japanese ones is never covered. Hell, fwiw, we see the protagonist actually wear all his piercings exactly one time - and it's never explained, where does he even wear them, just walking around after school?

So, if you find yourself bored of the manga by like chapter fifty, like I did, simply drop, it doesn't really get better.

There are, however, bits I enjoyed, particularly for how realistic they are, such as the way Kyoko teen psychopathy is depicted, or a bunch of hetero teens trolling each other with ceaseless "you gay bro? no homo".
(I also wonder, after reading Fragrant Flower, if having your ears pierced is a requirement to work in the Japanese cake industry).

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
First half of the manga was really awesome, I thought it was a perfect 10/10. Second half the story focused alot more on side characters and not the main relationship which was unfortunate especially because I was personally very interested on the tattoos but they kind of just became a forgotten part of the story until the very end. But the second made up for the lack of main character representation by being fucking hilarious. I had broke into a laughing fit multiple times on my binge read. 10/10

Users who are viewing this thread