Horimiya

Contributor
coming back to this after 4 months and not recognizing half of the character is a special kind of annoyance

Dex-chan lover
5845cd230b2a3b54fdbaecf7.png

>mfw no update in 2 months

It has had the same kind of pacing from the start though. I really don't get why people say that "there isn't any story anymore" like the series had drama or conflict at some point (beyond Miyamura's beef with the bully that was solved really fast). It has always been an ensemble cast in a slow paced slice of life with some love comedy elements to it. This is just as comfy as it has always been. It never had a specific story to speak of.

Aggregator gang
@mainimi to be fair it had a story but it ended in the proposal and tbh it was made too early, up to this point we know almost nothing of miyamura's family, hori's personality sometimes is annoying and some characters are forgotten for long periods of time like sawada (even when she appeared in the last chapter there was almost 0 interaction with her after her introduction).

Putting aside the development of the story, I think it's good enough. I rarely get shounen-romance that are really interesting to follow. If not shounen, mostly are seinen with their slice of life, or mature, and complex vibes.

And the weakness lies on : I agree what zeroxjac said. Next, I think the pattern is getting boring here, plus a misunderstanding between Hori and Miya is endless. Made up, fight, made up again. Just like that while showing a funny, sweet and silly side.
I prefer the development of love between the 2nd couple, Yuki and Toru. They showed a side of misunderstanding, chasing each other, hesitating.. they, still have plenty of room to develop after finally they really become lovers.

You know, i've been having this feeling that something bad is going to happen to either Hori or Miyamura. But it's not that kind of manga so maybe i'm looking too much into it ?

Well, just in case anyone's on the fence about reading this manga, perhaps I can help.

It's an AMAZING binge read. I've reread it 3 times now. The characters are well thought out, fleshed out, and have their own issues which are explored, sometimes in a bit too much detail.

On the flip side... I didn't reread it because I felt like it. I reread it cuz I needed to in order to remember the 20 side characters that show up once a year. Seriously. There's so many side characters, and they disappear for so long and just reappear like you're supposed to remember someone from 2015. This actually happened in the latest chapter as of this writing, and I didn't remember a couple of the characters and it's prompting me to reread it again (maybe this time it'll stick??).

Simply put: It's a fantastic manga, but is written like a weekly release when it's actually monthly. Usually monthly. Not sure if it's the groups struggling with stuff causing the delays (not blaming anyone; stuff happens) or if the manga has been irregular but it seems that there's 2-3 month breaks lately which amplifies the issues outlined above.

Oh well, I needed something to binge. Horimiya it is!

Fed-Kun's army
hmm, this manga is slowly changing genre from love-comedy to full-blown comedy
not that i mind though 😂

Users who are viewing this thread